Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whaddya think of the teaser poster?

Check it out:

http://starwars.com/episode-ii/news/...011112b_1.html

Thoughts?

And while we're at it, is there anyone else who's avoiding spoilers and has watched the trailers? And if so, what did you think?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

This image has been out awhile and I think it's good but not great. They could've made it much more teaserific IMO.

Yeah, I liked the poster, but, I thought that it wasn't not against the code for a Jedi to love, is it?

Originally posted by BountyHunter
    Yeah, I liked the poster, but, I thought that it wasn't not against the code for a Jedi to love, is it?
    Love a good back rub, no.

Love a woman, yes.

I thought the poster was OK in that I've seriously needed a SW fix for awhile. It goes along with G.Lu when he said that the second movie is a love story. He sure didn't play it up in either of the trailers other than the brief Anakin/Padme spit-swap.

I wonder how much they'll go for on ebay?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

2 words: "f-" and "eh". FEH!

(I don't think much of it one way or the other really, it doesn't grab me though)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thumbs down

In a bizarre twist considering how well I usually take Star Wars news, I don't like it! In fact my brother kept telling me that it was the teaser weeks ago but I didn't believe him. I thought Lucasfilm would do a better job on the teaser considering how cool the Ep1 teaser was. I still don't understand why Anakin has a lightsaber blade coming out of his gut!

Oooh how can this be? I actually don't like a new piece of Star Wars. I feel so strange. I feel dizzy! I must sit down (oh wait, I'm already sitting down). I must lie down!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Hello. My name is El Chuxter. I'm better known as the only guy who thinks this teaser trailer rules!

Avast ye scurvy dogs! That Padme be a saucy wench, she be. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!
    Okay, I'll shut up now.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 11-14-2001 at 12:55 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    Hello. My name is El Chuxter. I'm better known as the only guy who thinks this teaser trailer rules!

Avast ye scurvy dogs! That Padme be a saucy wench, she be. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!
    Okay, I'll shut up now.
    Wow, that's fascinating Chux... of course, it has nothing to do with THIS thread This thread is about the poster!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Wow, that's fascinating Chux... of course, it has nothing to do with THIS thread This thread is about the poster!

And HE'S the one who started it, so you'd think HE would know...

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Yeah it does. It was an unsuccessful attempt at humorously saying, "Golly gee gosh, I think I'm the only one who likes the poster."

On a side note (lest ye think this be off topic as well), I set the poster as wallpaper on my computer. I think it really recreates the giddy feeling of anticipation that the TPM teaser did, but at the same time focuses on the love story and how different AOTC will be from TPM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.