Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    he must have read the script they had on ssg a while back...(sigh) can't wait to see whose wrong and whose right..

Does Obi-Wan actually say "...jedi KNIGHT, the same as your father."

Or does he just say "...JEDI, the same as your father."

That would make a difference.

Either way, I dont know why Obi would still be training a Knight, because later on in that movie, Darth says to Obi, "When we last met I was but the learner, now I am the master."
    All your base are belong to us!

Afterthought:

Maybe Darth was referring to himself as being a learner under the tutelage of Palpatine/Sideous.

OR

Maybe I have misquoted him. I'd check, but I dont want to have to fast forward and rewind through a magnetic video tape (ugh).

DVD head count: One down, three to go (or five if you count the two that haven't come out yet).
    All your base are belong to us!

Originally posted by Magnolia-Fan
    "...JEDI, the same as your father."
    Same as your father...that states that Obi-Wan and Anakin were at the same level both Jedi Knight's or Obi-Wan was blowing smoke up Luke's @#$...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Originally posted by Jedi Clint
    GNT,

How do we know he will still be under Kenobi's wing at the beginning of E3?
    Cause Vader said (if I remember correctly) "When I left you I was a learner but now I'm the master - Vader,ANH(something to that effect) meaning he was a padawan learner until he left Obi-Wan after the Obi vs Anakin Battle!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

[font=arial]OBI-WAN: I was once a Jedi Knight the same as your father.
    VADER: When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master.
    EP I OPENING CRAWL: the Supreme Chancellor has secretly dispatched two Jedi Knights, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, to settle the conflict...[/font]
    I think you guys are playing the semantics here a wee bit too literally. Obi-Wan's ANH words are vindicated by the Ep 1's opening crawl, just because one is a padawan, that does not mean one is NOT a Jedi Knight. Clearly the term "Jedi Knight" is flexible in non-formal usage.

As for Vader's comments, just because he said he was the learner when they split up, I don't think that means he was not a Jedi Knight at that time, I think Vader simply meant that he was still just a Jedi that Obi-Wan taught and NOW he's more... much more.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

one thing we may be overlooking is that anakin may leave the jedi order all together after his marriage to padme. are the jedi allowed to marry? this itself may get anakin booted out.

I don't fully understand why the Jedi wouldn't be allowed to marry. Wouldn't it help in carrying on the Jedi lineage? Maybe it's just this point in Star Wars history that disallows it. I'm guessing the Jedi were starting to become too stringent in their ways and try to govern too much, which is why they set themselves up for destruction.

If Anakin was booted out of the Jedi Order, it would only add to his anger and make it easy for Palpatine and the dark side to consume him...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.