Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Angry Sci-Fi Channel Cancels Farscape!!!

I just saw this over at Home Theater Forum, and it has been confirmed by Ben Browder and David Kemper. Apperantly when Sci-Fi channel picked up seasons 4 and 5, they had a backdoor put into the contract so that they had an out.

Well, they excercised it and unless fans can save the show like they did MST3K, the 4th season will play out and then we'll never see another episode. Here's a copy of the story that someone reposed on HTF.com, and a link to the website with the chat transcript with Ben and David.

LATE UPDATE - 9/6/02 - 10:30 PM PDT)

Yes... you read that right. The frell-nicks in programming at the Sci-Fi Network have opted out of their just-signed contract for seasons five and six of Farscape at the 11th hour, meaning that after the rest of season four airs in January, the best science fiction show on television is effectively cancelled. The news was announced this evening in a live chat at Sci-Fi.com with series executive producer David Kemper and star Ben Browder. As Jon Stewart might say, "Whhhhhhaaaaaaaaa?"

Now... here at The Bits, we're not normally of the sort to raise a stink about a TV show being cancelled. That's just life, right? And it doesn't really have much to do with DVD (other than the fact that we're all really enjoying the first and second seasons on DVD from ADV, thank you very much). But this one does stick in our collective craw. Now... we recognize that some of you may not care. But if (like us) you do, the show's producers have asked for help in convincing Sci-Fi of the error of their ways. Contact Sci-Fi and politely let them know how you feel.

Sci-Fi's programming department email: program@www.scifi.com

Comment line: 212-413-5577
    General Line: 212-413-5000
    Address: The Sci-Fi Channel
    1230 Avenue of the Americas, F115
    New York, NY 10020-1513

And for more information on what you can do, visit this website.
    http://farscape.wdsection.com/

http://farscape.wdsection.com/dkchattrans.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 09-07-2002 at 04:43 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

This is the only show worth watching on television. Please everyone email as many messages as you can for as many email addresses that you have to program@www.scifi.com in order to save the show.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Call also, if you can. And do both now, because the Sci-Fi channel has already scheduled Moya's sets for demolition next week. Be vocal but don't swear, remember that swearing never gets you anywhere, and they probably won't listen or appreciate your message.

Oh, there is also the official petition. It was just launced the other day and already has over 1,000 signatures. So please feel free to sign it. Atleast unlike figure petitions, we may be able to make a difference.

http://www.petitiononline.com/scaper1/petition.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 09-07-2002 at 05:49 PM.

too bad i don't get the sci-fi channel in my bedroom or i'd watch it. i should ask for it...
    h
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

There is another petition out there now, with over 5,000+ names. Sign it as well. And don't forget to call and E-mail. The Sci-Fi channel announced this at the last minute so that they could try to cancel the series before people could get support together to save it. Hell, they didn't even tell the actors until they were filming the very final episode of the 4th Season.

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/SAVE_FARSCAPE/

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

This is an unfortunate turn of events.

My wife and I both signed the petitionS.
    May the force be with you.

Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
    This is the only show worth watching on television.
    There's also The Simpsons, Stargate SG-1, Enterprise, and Malcolm in the Middle!!!

Just when I was getting into Farscape this happens.What is wrong with the Sci-Fi Channel?First MST3K,now this

Signed both petitions.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Originally posted by DeadEye
    There's also The Simpsons, Stargate SG-1, Enterprise, and Malcolm in the Middle!!!
    Like he said, the only show worth watching on Television. Please don't come into a thread unless you have somthing to say on the topic. You know we mentioned that the last time you popped into the other Farscape thread. By the way, Sci-Fi Channel has supposedly cancelled Stargate SG-1 also.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I've been thinking about getting into FarScape thanks to JJ's ramblings about it so I just wanted to show my support for it with an avatar I made.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"