Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Gungans vs. Battle Droids

Since the Gungans have upgraded extremely since episode 2 who would win in a second battle against the droids in hand to hand combat?

Had no idea that the gunguns upgraded. Still the Battle Droid would slaughter them.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Yeah if you read the expanded universe on www.starwars.com you'll se they have expanded. they not only just live on Naboo. So you're telling me in a hand to hand combat fight the Droids would win. You must have not seen Episode 1. If you were looking close the Gungans were hammering to BDs in hand to hand combat.

Wrong forum I believe....
    DROIDS WOULD SLAUGHTER THOSE GUNGANS!!!!!!!!
    I bet the gungans couldn't even knock down a Super Battle Droid..
    Plus... I don't see why the droids would do hand to hand combat unless they lost their blaster... But that's impossible for a Destroyer Droid or a Super Battle Droid because they have blasters connected to their arms.
    Last edited by SuperBattleDroid88; 01-05-2003 at 10:22 PM.
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!

Yeah this belongs in an Episode 2 thread.
    My view, if the Super Battle Droid's, & Battle Droids were powerful enough to kill a bunch of Jedi in Genosis, IMO to indirectly quote a famous Gungan "Mesa thinks usas Gungan's gonna die"
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

I hate Gungan's! Lucas's biggest flop! Did you guys know that theres a video that's out that has JarJar amost completely edited out. I'm mean the IMAX version almost completely edited him out to. Anyways, Gungans would go down, way down.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

A Moving the thread I do,
    A moving the thread I do,
    Here you go, Jedi Clint,
    A new thread for you
    Last edited by Dar' Argol; 01-06-2003 at 02:39 AM.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Originally posted by Banthaholic
    Yeah this belongs in an Episode 2 thread.
    My view, if the Super Battle Droid's, & Battle Droids were powerful enough to kill a bunch of Jedi in Genosis, IMO to indirectly quote a famous Gungan "Mesa thinks usas Gungan's gonna die"
    True, but with the help of Geonosians. Only when Yoda arrived with the Clone Army was the fight more......fair.

Tough one. The Gungans were doing pretty good against the Battledroids in EP1 until the shield had dropped and the tanks rolled in.

If both sides were equal in number then I would have to say the Gungans. Not by much though.

The main reason the Jedi were slaughtered was because they were out numbered. They had about a 4" wide blade to protect them since they didn't use the force that much (just to look kick-butt) and they just couldn't block from all angles.

Dunno about EU Gungans, but even the TPM Gungans were putting up a better fight than the Jedi got to due to the amount of shields and such they had. If it was an equal fight then the Gungans would definitely win, but if the droids had higher numbers then they would get slaughtered. However, there is one thing to remember: the droids have limited ammo. If they're not able to fight hand-to-hand, then the Gungans could easily just defend themselves behind shields, then after the ammo's gone they attack.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by Dar' Argol
    A Moving the thread I do,
    A moving the thread I do,
    Here you go, Jedi Clint,
    A new thread for you
    Awwww.......and I didn't get you anything

I love the Bebe Av. SB88! I'm looking forward to actually seeing a DBGT episode some day.
    ubi mel ibi apes