More Astromechs!

Please make more astromech droids of all types! They are seen by the dozens in all of the Star Wars movies, and lend the universe one of its most distinctive presences. You already have R2, R3, and R4 droid molds, but still need to make a decent R5 unit, the flat-topped droid best represented by R5-D4. R5 units were also seen in the Queen's ship and jabba's balcony in Episode I, as well as the streets of Tatooine. Another Imperial astromech would be great! There is the gray with black stripes R2 unit on the Rebel Blockade Runner, and black R5 & R4 units on the Death Star. There are many cool R3 units that should be made, too. When Ben faces Vader on the Death Star, there is a cool pale blue bodied R3 unit in the background. You can make astromechs in almost any color and combination, and still be making new never-before-seen Star Wars characters with molds and tooling you already have! So please, PLEASE make use of your molds and maximize your profits and give us at least 2 or 3 new droids each year! You haven't announced any yet for 2003 but it's not too late! Thank you Hasbro!

More astromechs Hasbro!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Usually people would deride the idea of reusing old molds for new figures, but for these droids it only makes sense. Hasbro could release multiple four packs (one R2, R3, R4 and R5 in each pack) with differing paint schemes for each set. This would help fill out people's droid ranks much faster and get at least one group of fans off of Hasbro's back (to free them up to focus on Jabba's Palace aliens ).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yes, more astromech droids. They have been re-painting and doing new head sculpts for army builders, why not droids. The only new head sculpt they would need to do is the R5.

By the way, where is that R5-D4 resculpt?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I'll buy as many astromechs as Hasbro will make. I'd also like to see and r1 though (the big thing on the end in the sandcrawler scene.)

Oh, how could I forget to mention R1-G4? I even voted for him in the Fan's choice poll. That would be a real cool figure.

So, start off with a 2 pack that consists of R1-G4 and R5-D4 2 pack, then move on to the re-paints of R2, R3, and R4.

I heard there is an R1 droid in Watto's shop in Episode 1 as well, but I never actually looked for it.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

That R1 unit seems like it would be a natural pack in for the Sandcrawler. Then again, the rumored RA-7 is also a natural pick, as would be R5-D4, that multi-armed treadwell droid...

The 4-pack idea is a good one. Everyone wants more variety in their droid ranks. They would liven up any scene. I once had the idea of sets including 4 randomly painted bodies, sets of legs, and one each of the 4 styles of domes, that you could snap together yourself in whatever combo you wanted. It seems like it would naturally encourage multiple purchases.

But the main thing is getting Hasbro to put out more astromech repaints. I'd be much more likely to buy a third R4 repaint than a third cross-armed Imperial Officer with a new headsulpt, though I generally do like the idea of new headsulpts for army-builders.