View Poll Results: Do you want Hasbro to make more playsets for the action figures?

Voters
606. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am willing to buy larger expensive playsets ($40 - 50 range)

298 49.17%
  • Yes, but I would prefer small scene builder playsets that I can combine with others ($15 - 25 range)

212 34.98%
  • No, I'm not interested in playsets because I keep figures carded

40 6.60%
  • No, I'm just not interested in playsets

56 9.24%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1. I voted for the big sets.
    2. I'd like to see smaller sets that can attach to make the bigger
    set bigger.
    3. For what it is worth, who does Hasbro make their toys for?
    Are they for the collector OR are they for the kids? What is
    the right answer and what is your answer?
    "The Negotiator, General Kenobi."

I voted for the smaller scene builders. Reason one, this is what I would have wanted as a kid. When I was younger I love any toy(s) that had came in parts to be combine with others, like Voltron, some Transformers, and Legos (at lest the way I played with my). So if Kenner had that I would have eaten them up. Two I think Hasbro could sell more small sets then fewer large set. If they sell more I'd have then easier time finding stuff. And I'd feel better paying more smaller sets then on large set as well.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

That's what's been really missing from the new line is the playsets.
    The arena is nice(or seems to be,still can't find one:/)
    But more playsets are needed for sure,i would buy them.
    They use the excuse that they don't sell well and take up shelf space,blah,blah..
    Then all they have to do is limit the number made.
    I would buy a $49.99 half decent Death Star or Hoth Rebel base.
    Gladly!

-V-
    http://www.karinations.com
    http://www.citizenv.com

Actually i take that back..
    I agree with Lusifersam it would be better to have sections (Death Star:Trash compacter playset,Detention Cell playset,ect)
    But not like the sad pieces of crap they came out with in 97,those things stunk and they didn't even attach.

-V-

http://www.karinations.com

Originally posted by mychristmas2003
    I wish they would come with like a 6-foot Death Star Trench that was to scale to the Micro Collection. Even Micro Machines scale would be cool.

I thought years ago Steve Sansweet mentioned that there was a "death star" in the works - not like the ones already released - but a big round ball that opens up. Been several years since I heard about it though.
    There was, but it opened up into a Tatooine playset.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Originally posted by Tycho
    Finally, ArtAsylum is making great pieces that connect together to make the bridge of the experimental Enterprise with their Deluxe sets. Even if you casually like Star Trek, these are great sets and will come together to make a fine playset. (Depending on sales, they will go beyond the 4 sets planned now, and do the walls, the turbolift, viewscreen, etc!) There is a prime example of how playsets should be done. - and like Star Wars ones are NOT going to sell???? huh!
    Originally posted by underdog25
    1. I voted for the big sets.
    2. I'd like to see smaller sets that can attach to make the bigger
    set bigger.
    3. For what it is worth, who does Hasbro make their toys for?
    Are they for the collector OR are they for the kids? What is
    the right answer and what is your answer?
    This is exactly my question. I've always advocated the large playsets and vehicles that look like the screen versions out of the box precisely because I continually hear about how Hasbro's main target is still kids. If I'm wrong about that, please correct me, but it seems to me that for the non-serious-collector, the kids, and (more importantly) the parents of the non-serious-collecting kids, they wouldn't be so enthusiastic about buying just part of a toy...one that they have to keep hunting the pieces down for.

I'm all for large highly detailed renditions of the Sand Crawler, Star Destroyer, Death Star etc in pieces if it seemed plausible for the marketplace. But given that the primary target for Hasbro is apparently still children (who have smaller bank accounts than we do), it doesn't seem a likely prospect to dream about or even one to keep asking for realistically.

Death Star

I know Micromachines made the Death Star transformer - I am talking about a Death Star playset - open it up and it is the Death Star - made for MIcromachines though. I was supposed to be pretty big and around $100

Re: Death Star

Originally posted by mychristmas2003
    I know Micromachines made the Death Star transformer - I am talking about a Death Star playset - open it up and it is the Death Star - made for MIcromachines though. I was supposed to be pretty big and around $100
    I think I know which one you are talking about...is it the tiny unposeable micromachines or the slightly larger micromachines(Action fleet?) that have moveable arms and legs. I think the Action fleet also had a Rebel Hoth base playset.

My wife bought me the Micromachine Death Star playset. It was on clearance for $10. I never bothered opening because I didn't really want it (of course I didn't tell my wife that ).
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

This one was never released. It was supposed to be huge - like 18"-24" across. I remember that TRU was going to the exclusive retailer for it - back when they had "Star Wars Central" in the stores - remember the giant Falcon ?? :-)

I remember seeing it. The Falcon turned into a Rebel Hangar or something, right?

The Micromachine Death Star I have turns into Tatooine if I'm not mistaken. It's been a long time since I even looked at it. I can't find any Micromachine pics in the Collector's Database.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".