View Poll Results: Do you want Hasbro to make more playsets for the action figures?

Voters
606. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am willing to buy larger expensive playsets ($40 - 50 range)

298 49.17%
  • Yes, but I would prefer small scene builder playsets that I can combine with others ($15 - 25 range)

212 34.98%
  • No, I'm not interested in playsets because I keep figures carded

40 6.60%
  • No, I'm just not interested in playsets

56 9.24%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Falcon I am talking about was the one they hung from the ceiling for display and then gave away in a drawing..

I think the whole concept of smaller play/displaysets that join together is what could finally make products like Star Destroyers and DEath Stars feasible.Price wise they would make it easier for both collectors and parents to recreate these important scenes.

As a kid I never owned any of the larger platsets or vehicles,yet I owned all of the mini-rings because that's all my parents could reallly afford.Whilst these didn't actualy have any sceen time, they provide hours of playtime and they did have that Star Wars "look" about them. Mini-rings are way different to the playsets being discussed in these forums, but the principle is the same:small affordable products that provide both playability and authenticity.

Lets look at a Star Destoyer broken into 3 or 4 segments that join together, you could have the main bridge,Darth Vaders meditation chamber, maybe some sort of hanger.Each set would have awesome playability for the kids and would look cool for the collectors.throw in some figures and bingo...affordable sets from the movies.Do the same thing with Jabba's Palace,(main courtroom,dungeons,entrance,Rancor pit,galley!?)the Death Stars,Yavin 4 Massassi temple,CloudCity, or any other Star Wars enviroments.
    Just split them up and we're on a winner. It could save the line.

Plus, smaller playsets means happier retailers. Often, it goes like this:
    the more shelf space an item demands + the higher price an item costs = less items ordered by retailers
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I voted for the scene builders. I love the Trash compacter sets and hope they do many more along those lines. They're small, affordable, and have great detail.

If the Trash Compactor scenes had come with 3 plastic walls instead of cardboard cutouts, I think the $17 pricetag would have made each more of a playset than a cinema scene. That would have been awesome.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I bought them (the trash compactor sets) but the problem is this:

the garbage cannot "compact" and crush up. Molded spongy material that had color dyes added to it (to highlight various pieces of junk) could have done that.

Molded walls would add to a diorama, but this could have been so much better if it were a part you add to other parts - like a level above it that's got a chute down, originating in a detention cell block playset. - Parts adding up to a larger whole as we've been discussing.

I bought the trash sets mostly because it's a nostalgic scene for me, and it looks nicely done. I'm really not fond of buying things I'm not going to open, but where else am I going to put the dianoga - or how differently from how it's packaged now? (most of it's under the 'water.' Anyway, to me it's the same feeling as when they make a figure and you know you're going to need a resculpt (like Mace Arena Rescue). This time I got suckered into buying something I over-appreciate - and only because it appeals to me on some sentimental value. Believe me, I'm not proud of myself and this is not what I call a trash compactor playset. It doesn't do anything!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.