Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stormtrooper uniform

I think this falls under props, where can a man find a complete Star Wars stormtrooper uniform? Figured I had better clarify the Star Wars stormtrooper, so I dont have people telling about Germany.
    My Jedi name is Merdar Iyu
    Chewie? Chewie!!! Have you even seen Star Wars?!!
    "Lev, have you ever heard of Evil Kenevil?" "No, I never saw Star Wars"

Re: Stormtrooper uniform

Originally posted by JediDBM
    I think this falls under props, where can a man find a complete Star Wars stormtrooper uniform? Figured I had better clarify the Star Wars stormtrooper, so I dont have people telling about Germany.
    Start with www.501st.com . That's the "official" group that everyone can join when they have a costume. If you don't find info on the main pages, there is always somebody in the forums either selling armor or willing to point you in the right direction. Or keep checking Ebay. Every once in a while, somebody puts their armor up for sale. Or for BikerScout info, go to www.bikerscout.net .

Here's mine from a couple years ago. I've since redone many of the pieces so it looks a ton better. Good luck:

That is so cool, your Scout trooper uniform!!! Do I dare ask what it cost you? Very cool!!!

Who's hemlet do you have stillakid.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Looks like a Scout tropers helmet...

Originally posted by JediDBM
    That is so cool, your Scout trooper uniform!!! Do I dare ask what it cost you? Very cool!!!
    Thanks. I hate to answer. Too much $. Much too much.

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    Who's hemlet do you have stillakid.
    It's one of the Don Post Deluxe. Number 2 of the 25 made. I had to pay a pretty penny for it, unfortunately, but it's one of the things that I always wanted for my collection. The other is in the attached picture...also a Don Post Deluxe (fiberglass).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scoutvader2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	4904  

Very nice helmet. I've been looking around and those Don Post Deluxe models are pretty sweet (and pricey).

I'm hoping that Lucas will license another round of helmets at some point (an not those crappy Austrailian versions) allowing those of us that missed the last round buy a few.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    Very nice helmet. I've been looking around and those Don Post Deluxe models are pretty sweet (and pricey).

I'm hoping that Lucas will license another round of helmets at some point (an not those crappy Austrailian versions) allowing those of us that missed the last round buy a few.
    I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Don Post gave it up after they took a bath on the Episode I line. I think Rubies picked up the license, but whether they'd do a deluxe line is in question. They were just really really expensive. The Biker Scout line was supposed to be limited to 5000, but they stopped at 25 due to lack of sales.

The Australian versions (if we're talking about the same thing) are from Altman's. As far as I know, it's not an officially licensed product, but still very good. From what I understand, they use a different process to shape the plastic which results in slightly less detail than what Don Post was doing. But they are much less expensive and just about as good.

The Vader mask (I'm told) was molded directly from the Empire Strikes Back version. I believe it. It's very detailed and quite heavy. Only a guy like Prowse could wear it for any length of time. I'm not nearly large enough to look good wearing it or a Vader costume, but I hope to get a manequin set up some day.

I'd like a Stormtrooper outfit myself. Heck, I'd love to get a helmet.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett