Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Class Trip

Class Trip

Cheerio!

My wife is flying over the pond this weekend to chaperone a class trip. They'll be spending a fun-filled 8 days in sunny London.

Are there any UK exclusives I could have her look for while she's over there? Sometimes other regions get stuff we don't and I haven't really kept up with it.

Thanks!

Not sure about UK exclusives, but there are a couple of shops in the centre of London that might be worth a peek if you missed anything from the POTF2/POTJ range.

Forbidden Planet (New Oxford St, nearest tube is Tottenham Court Road) has quite a selection, especially POTJ figures. It also has several vehicles (incl. POTJ Snowspeeder, Imperial Shuttle, STAP, etc.) and still had several Endor Troop builder sets when I last looked on Friday.
    They also have a smaller branch in West Croydon (south of London) - they're not cheap, though.

The Hollywood Store (Upper St Martin's Lane, near Leicester Square tube) has smaller and more expensive selection of figures (hardly any vehicles though), and recently acquired an almost complete set of POTF2 figures. A few of these are still left, and there are a few signed collectables on offer in this shop, too - but at a steep price.

If you're really lucky, one of these shops MIGHT have had a delivery of the new Saga 2003 figures, as they're starting to show up here. FP seem to get their new stock in toward the end of the week.

If your wife & her charges walk through the West End between Leicester Square & Piccadilly Circus, they may see the new display in the window of Planet Hollywood which has life-size statues of Darth Vader, Boba Fett & a Stormtrooper.

Hope this helps!
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

Unhappy

Sunny London........we wish.......its gonna be raining mate!!!!

Yes, bad timing!

Been raining today although we've had about three weeks of uninterrupted sunshine!
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

well stillakid did yer missus pick u anything up from our sunny shores?????

Originally posted by HARDY
    well stillakid did yer missus pick u anything up from our sunny shores?????
    Ahh, not as such. But, funny you should ask. One of the teachers shot a ton of video of the trip and cut it into an hour long "movie" that we just watched on DVD this evening. It looks like they all had a great time.

cool.....see we dont get anything here befoe you guys,,,,,maybe except 100's of epant mons hehehehe check out my post in the saga section!!

Originally posted by HARDY
    anyways where abouts you from stillakid??
    I'm originally from Ohio, but packed my stuff and moved to Southern California about 11 years ago. Hollywood beckoned.