Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!

We've added a release for "Married... with Children" to the site. "The Complete 1st Season" will be released on 10/07/2003. For all the information, you may visit http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releaseinfo.cfm?ReleaseID=3018
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Awesome news, I cannot wait. I hope it doesnt stop with the first season though.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    Awesome news, I cannot wait. I hope it doesnt stop with the first season though.
    Do you know of some series that have?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way the date has been changed to 10/28

Cover art below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mwc.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	6374  
    Last edited by scruffziller; 07-30-2003 at 07:57 AM.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Do you know of some series that have?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way the date has been changed to 10/28

Cover art below.
    No, but with my luck you never know. I am pumped for this though.

New Update.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our release listing and our previous news for Married... with Children - The Complete 1st Season has been 100% confirmed with Columbia Home Entertainment's announcement for the set this week, which was quietly included in their overall DVD release plans for October.

The October 28th date has been confirmed, as has the $29.95 price in the USA for the 2-disc set (Canadians can expect a list price of CAN$41.95, according to our sources).

Additionally, Columbia has announced that there will be supplements included besides the already-known bonus trailers. The info can be found in their short blurb about the release:
    • The dysfunctional fun continues with the complete first season of "Married.with Children," the off-beat comedy that changed the face of TV family sitcoms forever, available on DVD for the first time!
      • Nominated for 7 Golden Globe Awards between 1991 and 1994!
      • 2-disc set with all 13 episodes!
      • Stars Christina Applegate!
      • Bonus material and trailers!

The cover art provided is identical to the one in our previous news release, so the only thing we don't have is an official running time (figure it will fall in at around 300-ish minutes, since it was a short first season).

Getting Married...with Children (along with Battlestar Galactica and The Incredible Hulk) on DVD is the reason why I'm here helping Gord every day, and will continue to be: I joined TVShowsOnDVD to help get releases just like this one. I hope you're as excited as I am to finally be getting this hilarious show in season sets. "Thank your studio, kids". "THANKS, COLUMBIA!!" - David
    MWHAHAHAHA!

There have been DVD releases that didn't sell enough to continue releasing the rest of the series. "Mary Tyler Moore" had the first two seasons released, and then the plug was pulled due to low sales.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    There have been DVD releases that didn't sell enough to continue releasing the rest of the series. "Mary Tyler Moore" had the first two seasons released, and then the plug was pulled due to low sales.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    I don't think that will happen here.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

More news!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

We know what the bonus material is!
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/blackpixel.gif8/23/2003
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/blackpixel.gifIn our last news item about Married...with Children - Season 1, we talked about how bonus material would be on this release, but that "the exact nature of the bonus material is still under wraps".

Now, can I have a "Whoa, Bundy"? Because I just dug up an ad that Columbia will be using to promote their upcoming TV-on-DVD releases to retailers. It shows that the "Bonus Material" is none other than the Married With Children Reunion Special that aired in Feb. 2003, to celebrate and promote the then-just-recently-released "Most Outrageous Episodes Volume 1" best-of disc.

I really must give Columbia some credit for including this; it was a very fun and enjoyable 42-minute special look back at the Bundy gang. It's not commentary tracks or gag reels or behind-the-scenes featurettes, but it's a nice supplement from a company that doesn't often provide extras on their TV sets at all.

You may notice that the release date says "10/21/03" here, whereas everywhere else the date is shown as 10/28/03. I personally think that this is a typo in the ad, as too many other places (including in Columbia's information network) are showing the 28th. However, there COULD have been a date change. We'll check with Columbia on that and post a follow-up.

You'll also notice that this cover art is different than that previously shown. Columbia has changed it a bit, and are indicating (with that asterisk in the lower right) that it's STILL not necessarily final. When final art is made available, we'll post it at TVShowsOnDVD. In the meantime, here's the part of the ad that matters:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mwc2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	6527  
    MWHAHAHAHA!

GOT MINE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! Been laughing my hiny off all the way through!!!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I picke dmine up the other day, watche dthem all right away. I can't wait for news on future seasons. Heres to hoping.