I'm new in the whole Lego realm, so if this is an odd offer, I apologize. I recieved my first Lego sets for Christmas this year, and I must say I was instantly hooked. I am currently using the sets I have gotten, and some sets I purchased immediately after Christmas to make some cool little mini scenes. Being a 'rookie' in this regard, I have a few general questions to ask of my fellow forumites:
1. Where is a good place to find baseplates for my scenes? I'm sure they make them, I just haven't found any yet.
2. Is Lego good at replacing pieces that were missing from a set? One of my sets was incomplete, I filled out the form on the site, just curious if this happens alot.
3. Is the Lego Club worthwhile? One of my sets came with a free two-year subscription, so I figured I'd try it out.
4. Does Lego make Trees and Landscape sets, or will I have to canabalize already released sets?
5. Finnally. . . what Lego sets are a 'must have'? I am aware that not all of them are still available at retail, but I would like to know which sets are the coolest so I can track them down and get to building.
Also. . . I have realized that most Lego sets come with extra pieces. This is cool, and I would imagine that after a few years of building you may have enough to build something worthwhile. Among my extras I have a complete Luke Endor with lightsaber from the Speeder Bike set. I was surprised to find the complete figure as an extra. . . but I am not complaining. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in this figure for one of their sets/displays. I would gladly swap it for a Lego of another character. I'm not sure who/what was made, so I guess I would be pretty flexible.
Thanks in advance for any responses!