Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Anyone try watching "The Shield?"

It's a story about corrupt cops in LA's gangland, a police captain trying to come out of it as a successful Latino politician, and the street gangs that are fighting to control California's largest city and all the drug traffic from Mexico.

It's very real and a show that will make you very angry, but hook you in!

I hope that one of them blows away that child-rapist next week. He made me so mad, just doing that to tick them off, that I don't care if he gets a fair trial or not. It's wrong and I know it - but he's not even a citizen and he's not in the United States doing legitimate business either. He's scum, pure and simple.

Then again, so are the cops in that show - so they might as well kill him.

The cops almost fire-ringed the other cartell leader in the last show - and they would have done it if he didn't come up with the cash, too. I love how they double-crossed him and knocked him out and took him across the border in the trunk of their car! The bumper stickers were a nice finishing touch.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Wasn't that show originally touted under a different name, "Rampart"? What's up with that. I refuse to watch any shows dealing with the criminal justice system, as I feel both day and nighttime TV are saturated with them. Judge Judy, Judge Mathis, Judge Hatchett, Divorce Court, People's Court, The Shield, 24, NYPD Blue, the list goes on. It's insane. What are TV producers trying to tell us?

The Shield's pretty good, I'm been trying to catch season 2, cause season 1 was awesome. Very well connected in the story lines and played out.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I usually don't watch tv dramas because the only way to fully enjoy them is to watch every episode. It's like a 200 hour long movie. There are a lot of good ones, but it just takes up alot of time when you get hooked on them.
    "Dance your asteroids off..."

I think tonight's show left me very disturbed.

The Arab and the paranoid black lady just trying to protect her kids and what little she has from 2 jobs she has to work....

so sad, the lives that are ruined.

And the scene with the electric range torture was the most disturbing. It will seriously be difficult sleeping tonight...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I think I would realy like this show if I could get past Michael Chiklis. I just don't like that guy... and I don't even care how good of an actor they say he is.

I like the fact that the show (even though it seems "extreme") actually portrays "warts and all" attitudes and everyday occurances... whether we would care to admit it or not.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Seasons 3, 4, 5, and now 6 (starts in January) have their own thread. This one's obviously the Season 1 & 2 thread.

I've just started rewatching all of the shows on DVD again and will put more of my Season 1 & 2 comments here, the rest in their appropriate threads.

Anyway, I'm the last one to notice anything I guess, but Assistant Chief Gilroy, was played by noneother than John Diehl, Miami Vice's Larry Zito!

Holy crying out loud, Batman! Maybe I'm slow or maybe no one else picked up on this, but I'd been missing The Shield so much that I'd just bought and watched all of Miami Vice (they only sell Seasons 1 & 2 at the moment) and now I've started re-watching my Shield DVDs and guess what???

What?

Let me guess, you're as ticked off about the 13 episode seasons as I am?
    May the force be with you.

Yeah, they're short seasons.

But oh man! Vic threatened Armadillo through his brother (the guy they kidnapped in Mexico and drove across the border in their car trunk). He "green lit" the brother in prison, but so Armadillo wouldn't have anything be held against him - HE KILLED HIS OWN BROTHER (through another gang member in jail)!!!

That's pretty cold! Armadillo was a great bad guy. Probably the best that's been on The Shield.

"Detective Mackey will remember the face."

Sizzle!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Holy crying out loud, Batman! Maybe I'm slow or maybe no one else picked up on this, but I'd been missing The Shield so much that I'd just bought and watched all of Miami Vice (they only sell Seasons 1 & 2 at the moment) and now I've started re-watching my Shield DVDs and guess what???
    Seasons 3 and 4 of Miami Vice are coming out on DVD in March.