Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

anakin's episode 2 saber

this is a question that has been tossed around on the old fourms, but thanks to the magic of a dsl connection and the kindness of mr. lucas i have an answer regarding which sabers anakin will be using in episode 2.

i refer all interested to the "making the film, part 4" series on the official site. if you look closely, as anakin is jumping out of his yellow speeder(i presume this during the coruscant chase scene) the bottom part of his saber hilt is visible on his belt. it has the same grips as luke's or vaders did in episode 4(windshield wipers) so we know it will be either the graflex or heiland variety.

then we see anakin twirling around a different saber in a large area with a dirt floor surrounded by bluescreen. here anakin is using a saber similar to adi gallia's. this fits perfectly with spy reports of the arena battle in which anakin and obi-wan use the sabers of fallen jedi after escaping capture.

o.k. i have now watched parts 3 and 5 of "making episode 2" and there are full shots of anakin's saber. it is exactly like vaders heiland saber, but the emitter is chrome colored instead of black.

i'm rather suprised at the "access" these "making of " videos are showing. for someone who is supposidly secritive, lucas is showing a lot.
    Last edited by derek; 08-15-2001 at 10:52 PM.

I don't remember where, but I think, THINK, that Anakin's saber may be similar to Vader's only without the extra dials and clip at the top, and it'll have a green blade. Not sure, but I think I saw that somewhere. That's a good eye ya got there though derek.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Talking

I heard that Anakin and Obi-Wan will both use two sabers at once, which would be really cool.

the master jedi
    I heard that a Jedi will use two sabers at once but I don't think they gave the name(s) of any specific Jedi. If somebody does use 2 sabers at once do you think it will be cooler than Maul using a double bladed saber?

Question Interesting?

I always thought that it was against the jedi code of honor to fight with two sabers. Just always had that feeling?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Lightbulb

Look at Select 56 I think it's that one, with Anakin and Dooku fighting, there is a green blade reflection in the floor.

Re: Interesting?

Originally posted by evenflow
    I always thought that it was against the jedi code of honor to fight with two sabers. Just always had that feeling?
    Playing Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight makes that point in the next-to-last bad guy. If you're on the light path, your Jedi Spirit tells you that it's virtually unthinkable, disgusting even to use 2 lightsabers at once.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey JT isn't that just a little EU....... c'mon Luke force chokes in ROTJ, and in Dark Forces 2 that was a dark side move.

I think it would look kinda cool
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

Yes, it is EU, but it still works for me. "I cannot define this creature named Boc. He is one of the few that actually uses two Lightsabers in battle! He is a crude individual that lacks both tact and teeth. Only a Dark Jedi can he be." - Jedi Master Rahn

As for the Dark Side moves in DF2, if you are true to the light path, you cannot use them after you prove yourself a true Jedi (unless you're using a cheat code ).

This was the same game that let you use a light saber underwater. Hmmm...
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]