Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

I got the Geonosian and Anakin (removeable hand)

No they are not out. I got these early from a friend who buys them overseas, probably direct from the factory.

The Geonosian is awesome! There are some flaws. The wrists do not pivot, but the elbows bend (barely - and not enough). The knees are jointed and more flexible, but not that it does any good - he stands best in one pose. The head turns of course, and there is some attempt at articulation in the ankles. But the wings are the nicest thing - but other than that, this'll remind you of either the 3 3/4" Geonosian, or Watto's 12". The Geonosian does have one article of removeable 'clothing' - err more like plastic: his ornamented pelvic guard. But he's nicely detailed and it does impress me and makes me hope we'll see what they can do with a 12" Poggle the Lesser if they one day decide to make one!

You'll require a doll stand to keep the Geonosian on his feet though!

Anakin takes getting used to. I first saw this one and cringed. I never gave my buddy the money for him. He told me to just "borrow" the figure and see what I decide sometime later. Then I can give him some cash, or return the 12".

His shirt sleave does not come unattached with velcro like Ponda Baba's jacket. That means, if he gets his arm sliced off, miraculously, nothing happens to his clothing

The feature makes his arm fall off much more easily, while just trying to pose him, and then you have to stuff it back up the sleave - but this is not too troublesome for the person who changes a loose display occasionally. However, for a kid - uh, well they're not going to be too happy.

The droid hand seems undersized, but it might just be that it's skeletal, and if we didn't have flesh on our fingers, or on one hand, that hand would be smaller than our other hand too. But Anakin cannot hold anything in his droid hand.

Then again, any figure can hold anything you want with those clear rubberbands Hasbro now ships with just about everything.
    THE GEONOSIAN REQUIRES A CLEAR RUBBERBAND OR HE CANNOT HOLD HIS SPEAR! (I forgot to add that it's not easy to make him double-handle the spear, and poses with two hands are limited due to lack of wrist articulation in the Geonosian).

With Anakin, articulation is standard for a 12", and I posed him just like the Unleashed Anakin (my favorite Unleashed).

I've finally gotten used to the face, but his head is added on, cutting off just under the chin, on the neck, instead of having a full neck plug into the body like most 12". This gives Anakin a double-chin look (well not really, but I'm not sure how to describe him). And he also makes me wonder if I have a prototype, and the finished version will have this flaw corrected???

Meanwhile, after getting used to his face, he does look more like Hayden (attacking Sandpeople maybe) than the previous Anakin. I may just keep this figure. But he's far from my favorite.

The clothes are the same as the last one. Two lightsabers are included. One is his correct AOTC saber, but not the blue one he borrowed to use against Dooku (which was not Obi-Wan's real saber either). The green one is correct - his borrowed saber from the Arena.

One final thing: the sleeve on the artificial hand is curiously molded plastic. Plugging it in gives you two sleeves of the same inner shirt???? The droid hand does not turn at the wrist in any way.

Overall, the Geonosian is better than Anakin, and I still like the original AOTC Anakin 12" better, but this is a nice wave. My friend did not bring Padme (of which his extra is going to his young niece to play with on Christmas).

I was looking forward to at least seeing her

So my judgement on that figure might have to wait until we all are getting her in retail stores. Upon that occasion, I'll be down for one more Geonosian!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

tycho,

i'm fairly sure that the new anakin uses the same body as the european luke with saber swinging action. if you hold anakin's torso and swivel his legs left and right, does his head move in the same direction?

proof read by turbowars.
    Last edited by derek; 11-24-2002 at 10:12 AM.

Reading the post helps
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Originally posted by derek
    tycho,

i'm fairly sure that the new anakin uses the same body as the european luke with saber swinging action. if you hold anakin's torso and swivel his legs left and right, does his head move in the same direction?

proof read by turbowars.
    I don't know. I never tried. I don't think so. Now that I got him to look like my Unleashed Anakin, I don't want to move him out of that pose and just sit him in fighting my 12" Dooku, and stare at them, not adjusting them at all if I pick them up.

To recreate the Unleashed, use a reverse-saber grip on Anakin's left hand (green saber). Just copy the Unleashed, you'll get it.

Why I decided to do that? I don't know. I suppose it stopped me from buying a second Anakin Unleashed so I could have one in more than 1 room!

I probably will now have to buy a 3rd Dooku.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the outset, I bought 3 Obi-Wans, and 3 Anakins (12 inchers).

When Dooku came out, I bought 2 of him.

Here's what I was thinking:

Obi-Wan fighting Zam Wessel

Obi-Wan side by side fighting WITH Anakin

extra Obi-Wan in case I get lucky and they make the Yellow Speeder for the 12" (it's possible) or some other 12" figure that HAS to be posed with Obi-Wan comes out, such as Taun We and Lama Su. I already saved an extra Jango Fett to pose OUT of the armor, hopefully with a six-inch young Boba at least. They did a great sculpt of Temura Morrison, so...

Meanwhile, the Anakin's were for:

1) being with Obi-Wan, Apprentice with Master style.
    2) being with Padme, if they make at least one of her rich dresses
    3) an extra in case they cough up a Yellow Speeder for the 12"!

So I figured having at least 1 more Anakin to fight Geonosians with 12" Padme (Droid Factory) would work out cool. You can't use this figure for the wedding, in spite of his droid hand. The face would make him look like she's something ill to kiss! LOL.

But with the two sabers, I decided this Anakin would look cooler fighting Dooku, and I will have a regular one with Padme versus 2 Geonosians.

- and then I still have an extra Anakin for a Padme Portrait edition or a Yellow Speeder.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, the 2 Dooku's were 1) to put with Poggle the Lesser, an E2 Nute, or Sidious, whatever we get.... OR Fighting Yoda (most likely).

#2 was to save for Episode 3 twelve-inchers, as I don't think Dooku will change his attire too much.

So an extra will be easy enough to pick up right now, if I still want a Dooku fighting Anakin as well.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I almost bought this wave when Amoktime had them with my "toy" money, but I waited to long & now they are sold out. Bummer.

I've put off buying the 12" figures for various reasons (monetarily ones, mostly). IYHO, Tycho, which Anakin is the best for my bucks -- the original one released in May or the new one coming out?

I like the first one much better! The face sculpt, first and foremos, but next I like the seams and details on his black leather overlays he's wearing, plus the real hair effort on the first figure. Just loan him another 12" figure's green lightsaber if you want him to have 2 sabers...

Plus some 12" Jedi Masters from the Fan Club exclusives will undoubtedly have green sabers, like when SeaSee Tiin or Eeth Koth come out.

If you're posing them, Luke, or Qui-Gon without their saber, (or at least the blade turned on) lend it to Anakin.

The droid hand is not worth it - plus who'd pose Anakin with a 12" wedding Padme while he's making that expression.

It looks like "You mean I HAVE to kiss her, too? But she's a girl! I'll get cooties! Yuck!" - except I don't think Anakin ever went through that stage (or he went through it before he was 9! )

i agree with tycho. if i was only going to get one anakin, i'd get the first release. if hasbro had just made the new anakin with the same head as the original, but smaller, it would of been great.

as for the clothes, maybe tycho's anakin is different, but both the 1st and 2nd releases i have, have the exact same clothing.

here is a photo of the two heads for compairson. keep in mind, i've altered the newer anakin neck post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anakinheads.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	4732  

Personally I don't like either face sculpt, but if I had to pick my least fav. it would be the new glue sniffin look Anakin. I do want that Genosian though.