Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This thread is still alive!?!?!?! HA!

I'm glad everyone has something to say about this figure.

As far as $5 Imperial Officers at WalMart. . . hmmmm? Ive been to my local Walmarts, and they are all $19.76. POOP!!! Got my hopes up for a cheap figure. . . . and NOTHING!!!!! Oh well. . . maybe some of you forumites from other regions will find this great deal. Good luck to all!
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Ha, he does look like "Sideburns". But if they made them look like actual actors on purpose, the cheap bastards would have to actually pay said actors. Feh.

Originally posted by bobafett07728
    This thread is still alive!?!?!?! HA!

I'm glad everyone has something to say about this figure.

As far as $5 Imperial Officers at WalMart. . . hmmmm? Ive been to my local Walmarts, and they are all $19.76. POOP!!! Got my hopes up for a cheap figure. . . . and NOTHING!!!!! Oh well. . . maybe some of you forumites from other regions will find this great deal. Good luck to all!
    Perhaps if you could catch a Toy Dept. manager in one of those stores, you could ask him or her if they plan on marking down their 12" figures. Though by now they may have already marked down everything they are able to, it never hurts to ask.

I found a picture of the officer from ANH that looks just like the figure that was boxed. It's on the mini 2003 Cedco desk "Characters, creatures and Droids" calendar. His name, according to this calendar is: Chief Bast. He is personal aide to Grand Moff Tarkin. Shame on you Hasbro for not doing your research.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Chief Bast. . . that is correct! I actually ran across his Customizable Game Card recently. Shame on Hasbro indeed!!!!!!
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

As for Wal-mart Mark downs.

Most come from their Home Office, that means ALL Wal-marts should have that price.

Other clearance Mark-downs are budgeted at the store level-each month, so much is set aside for the purpose of Mark downs.

january and february however are the worst month for sales, so store initated clearance is usually cut off mid way through January in order to keep a bit of profit for the month.

As for SW clearance, some toy dept. managers don't pay attention or care what they have marked down, or know what is old or new. They are beleagured with more toys than they have room for and have quite the interesting juggling act to deal with. Thats why some stores have E1 12"ers!! One near me still had a couple Watto's, a Jar jar and about 6 Darth Maul's with Sith Speeders. The Speeders were just taken down to $20.