Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question 12" Imperial Officer

Ok. . .I know he has been out for a while now, but I was looking at him yesterday and something hit me. . .

Who the heck is he supposed to be?!?!?!??

I first thought. . . OK. . . generic officer with no resemblance to any of the movies characters. Well after a few minutes of checking him out last night. . . I am more confused than ever. . .

1. Is it me, or does it resemble the officer (sorry, don't know his name) from a New Hope. I think he's the one that asks Tarkin if he should have his shuttle ready. You know who I mean. . . the officer with the sideburns. . . right?

2. If this is the case. . . why does the packaging say "Empire Strikes Back". . . there are no Officers that look like him in Episode V ?!??!

3. Thirdly. . . If he looks like the guy from Episode IV, but the packaging indicates Episode V. . . why does the picture show Moff Jerjerrod from Episode VI !?!?!?!?!?

In my mind. . . if they were going to make Jerjerrod. . . make it look like him, and name it Moff Jerjerrod. If they meant it to look like the guy from A New Hope. . . give him a name (I'm sure he already has one), and put his picture on the package. If they wanted it to be generic, or from ESB, get a picture of a background officer, and don't make it look like Ozzel, Veers, or Piett.

I think this may be one of the stupidest figures when you look at it in package. I know. . . its a toy. . .it should be played with. I don't have the space for this, so I keep them in package, and stack them, etc. It appears to be a good figure, but it seems that Hasbro was a bit confused as to who, or what they were actually producing when it came time to package the figure.

Just had to get this off my chest.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

I don't know who in Hades he's supposed to be, specifically. He's obviously not Jerjerrod. Maybe one of many flunkies scurrying about the Star Destroyers in ESB.

Hey, man, you should take him out of the package. He's got a cool grip so he can actually slide a finger over the trigger on his gun, and his neck joint is so articulated as to allow him to look up and down, somewhat. Plus he looks approximately 65-70% less goofy with his cap on.

And his boots are nice and shiny, shiny black, new-polished!

What can I say? I just got him for $5 (Wal-Mart clearance).

LOL!!!!

I just read your post. . . and that was the first thing I thought of. For $5, I could open one up. . . heck for another $5 I could get one to customize. Put the dude's picture from A New Hope over Jerjerrod's, and change the ESB to ANH. . . ah. . . the options of a good Wal Mart markdown!!!!!!

Hasbro made it look like they guy from ANH, has the description for ESB, and the pic of Jerjerrod to indicate what it is........an "Imperial Officer". Just a generic officer and no one specific.

I agree with Twodot, take it out of the box. Regardless of how much you paid for it.

I agree with both of you, in that it was supposed to be a generic. But they could have made a more generic head sculpt, and/or used a background character's picture like they did with the Death Star Trooper/Commander 12" Figure. Simply by putting recognizable characters's on the box, or using them for the head sculpt. . . it defeats the purpose of saying its a generic Imperial Officer. I see the figure and think. . . guy from A New Hope. That may just be me.

Yep, it would have killed Hasbro to actually make an IO that resembled some more important officer we saw in the movies
    errrrrrrrr
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

The 12" Imperial Officer is the guy from "A New Hope" who says "We've analyzed their attack sir and there is a danger. Shall I have your ship standing by?"
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Right Jayspawn. Personally it doesn't matter to me that it looks like that guy even though it's supposed to be a generic officer ala the Death Star Trooper. Come to think of it, I remember before I became a member of this forum people were making a stink about the Death Star Gunner not looking like anyone in ANH. Crazy.

It seems that hasbro could try to make some extra $$$ by repackaging the officer's body with different heads. It certainly wouldn't surprise, and as much as I hate to say it, I would actually like a Cpt. Piett figure -- then I could put him with my ESB collection, and the ANH officer with that collection.

The first thing I said when I saw this figure was "That looks like the officer from ANH. I was very dissapointed in the box and picture. $5 at Wal-Mart you say? Now I want to go shopping for one to open! There are three Wal-Marts within a very close range, wish me luck!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!