Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    London Forbidden Planet had a delivery of the first 2 Clone Wars builder sets today (Droideka Launcher, 3-droid assortment & Clone Troopers), but at ridiculously high prices (up to 18.99).
    The troopers were all plain white.
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

That's scandalous! I'd rather deep fry my gonads than spend that much on unarticulated figures.

My thoughts exactly. Now I know why I haven't been to any BBQs this year yet.

If I ever see a set with the yellow clone commander I'll probably pick it up, but hopefully not at those sort of prices!

I think the droid 3-set looked the best of this bunch, to be honest. At least they are articulated, I'm told.

Hi, I'm a star wars collector from Spain and I'm going to spend 5 days the next week in london. I've been checking different stores and forums, and all of you say that R2dToys is the best; when I was reading the past messages I realised that you said the store has been closed; is this real? Is it closed now? or could I visit the R2DToys Shop an purchase my SW items?

If this shop is closed...which are the best stores with SW merchandising in London? I know Forbidden Planet, some TRU's... Could anybody help me? Maybe Hamleys?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    Hi, I'm a star wars collector from Spain and I'm going to spend 5 days the next week in london. I've been checking different stores and forums, and all of you say that R2dToys is the best; when I was reading the past messages I realised that you said the store has been closed; is this real? Is it closed now? or could I visit the R2DToys Shop an purchase my SW items?

If this shop is closed...which are the best stores with SW merchandising in London? I know Forbidden Planet, some TRU's... Could anybody help me? Maybe Hamleys?
    Thanks.
    Hi Ironfist, hope you enjoy your trip to London.

Forbidden Planet on New Oxford St (Tube - Tottenham Court Road) is a good place to window-shop, as it has quite a wide selection of new and older stock. It can be quite expensive, though.

Hamley's has quite a reasonable selection of 2003 figures at the moment, though their stock is small, not *quite* up-to-date, and situated on the top floor furthest from the lift.

There are a couple of smaller shops, such as the Hollywood Store on St Martin's Lane opposite Stringfellow's nightclub (Tube - Leicester Square), but they don't seem to have had any new deliveries for MONTHS.

Hope this helps!

Sure! You've helped me. I'll take a look at these stores. And what could you tell me about toys R' us? I'have been checking the website and I think there's TRU a very close to the centre of the town, on Old Kent Road, so I could try it. How is their stuff? And the prices? Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    And what could you tell me about toys R' us? I'have been checking the website and I think there's TRU a very close to the centre of the town, on Old Kent Road, so I could try it. How is their stuff? And the prices?
    I've never been to that branch of TRU, but the ones I *have* been to have been quite slow to stock the 2003 waves. However, the TRU chain seems to be having a sale of 2002 Saga at the moment, so you should be able to pick up standard figures for around 2.99 each.

Quote Originally Posted by kdp100
    My thoughts exactly. Now I know why I haven't been to any BBQs this year yet.

If I ever see a set with the yellow clone commander I'll probably pick it up, but hopefully not at those sort of prices!

I think the droid 3-set looked the best of this bunch, to be honest. At least they are articulated, I'm told.
    I'll be buying the white and the yellow clonetrrooper 3-packs and the jedi one but the droids don't do much for me. I'll buy the rolled up droideka set though. But what I'm really looking forward to is the screen scenes but John at R2's has the pre-release sets at 25 which is way too far out of my budget so I'll wait for someone to get those in at a reasonable price I think. Over all there isn't that much i want right now. All the good stuff seems to be coming late this year in time for xmas.

Well, the green A-Wing has arrived at TRU! I dropped into the London Brent X branch last night and there were two of them on the shelves.
    I didn't see a price-tag . . . but then I wasn't looking too hard, as I've already ordered mine from R2DToys so it's on its way.

As far as clone sets go, I might get one or two of each of the yellow and blue sets, but the poses on the green and red ones put me off somewhat.
    I'd really like to see an army-builder set (similar to the Sandtroopers) of clone troopers based on the original red Saga clone - in yellow, blue, green, and plain white colours.

Latest wave has arrived at FP - Vader, Leia, 3PO and Padme.

Passed on the first three and I've already got Padme on order....