Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Do you guys not find Forbidden Planet prices to be a complete rip-off? If anyone knows anywhere else in the NE of england to buy SW stuff, please let me know, because I refuse to go to FP and that only leaves Ebay...
    www.imperialoutpost.co.uk - C'mon now... ewoks don't just explode by themselves now, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Outpost
    Do you guys not find Forbidden Planet prices to be a complete rip-off? If anyone knows anywhere else in the NE of england to buy SW stuff, please let me know, because I refuse to go to FP and that only leaves Ebay...
    Yes, they are expensive, although they do tend to get new stock promptly and on a regular basis. (HUGE delivery this week of Faytonni/WA-7/Palpatine wave!)
    However, for an item whose price is just a couple of pounds higher than elsewhere, it is sometimes worth my while shelling-out to avoid paying postage/shipping, and having the item in-hand straightaway is a bonus, too.

Also, they're the easiest high street retailer to visit in my lunch hour!
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

I'm feeling more and more lucky to have nostalgia and comics on my doorstep. They to0 have the Faytonni/WA-7/Palpatine wave in. Faytonni and Palpatine at 6.99 (which i guess is RRP) WA-7 at a pretty incredible 3.99.
    I think one of the guys who works there must make a weekly run up the road to toys'r'us and they reduce anything that TRU have in stock to be competitive.
    Works for me.

Woohoo!

Just got back from the London Expo (www.londonexpo.com) in the docklands, where I managed to pick up:

Anakin's Starfighter (23);
    Bail Organa, Janus Greejatus, Elean Sleazebaggano, Tatooine Padme, Concept Stormtrooper, Ayy Vida & Asajj Ventress (8 each);
    All three Clone Wars multi-packs for 10 each.

I passed on Durge (already got biker version), Mace and Obi-Wan from the Clone Wars line, and thesame goes for the Outlander Club Kenobi.

The event is open until 5pm today and again tomorrow.
    Take your chequebooks if you want to buy much, since not all dealers take card-payments and I was warned that the cashpoints there tend to empty quickly!

I heard a couple of stallholders discussing how few of "the usual dealers" were present: it did seem that, apart from the couple of stalls that were selling brand new stuff, there were fewer SW sellers than there were at Memorabilia a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kdp100
    Woohoo!

Just got back from the London Expo (www.londonexpo.com) in the docklands, where I managed to pick up:

Bail Organa, Janus Greejatus, Elean Sleazebaggano, Tatooine Padme, Concept Stormtrooper, Ayy Vida & Asajj Ventress (8 each);

I passed on Durge (already got biker version), Mace and Obi-Wan from the Clone Wars line, and thesame goes for the Outlander Club Kenobi.

Take your chequebooks if you want to buy much, since not all dealers take card-payments and I was warned that the cashpoints there tend to empty quickly!

I heard a couple of stallholders discussing how few of "the usual dealers" were present: it did seem that, apart from the couple of stalls that were selling brand new stuff, there were fewer SW sellers than there were at Memorabilia a couple of weeks ago.
    Did you open the Concept Stormy? I would love to hear a review for this bad boy.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by turbowars
    Did you open the Concept Stormy? I would love to hear a review for this bad boy.
    Certainly did! I'm away from home (and toys!) for a couple of days, but I'll knock something up and edit this post when I get back.....

Quote Originally Posted by kdp100
    Woohoo!

Damn!! I knew I should have gone

How much of the Expo Centre did it take up?

Quote Originally Posted by odb
    Damn!! I knew I should have gone

How much of the Expo Centre did it take up?
    The event was held all in a large hangar the size of a sports-hall.
    I think it was hall no. 4 out of 8.

Anyway, Concept Stormie -
    Interesting figure, and doesn't look TOO out of place standing next to a squad of the finished product. Reminds me a bit of the Spacetrooper figure from a few years ago (although I never got one, so I can't confirm how similar they are).

Articulation - Neck, waist, both legs, ball-jointed shoulders, elbows & left wrist

Weapons - Lightsaber looks a bit odd but not too much so. Rifle fits nicely into holster at left hip, but neither of the two figures I bought can hold this weapon at all securely in either hand. This is the main weakness of this figure.

Shield - Despite the "PlayMobil" look, this item fits very nicely on the figure's left forearm and is surprisingly maneuverable. The only criticism here is that the "blaster-damage" is 3D (as if acid has been etched onto the plastic), which will make any attempts at army-building look a bit odd when all the shields bear identical damage.

Base - The figure stands quite happily on this blue-green base. 'Nuff said.

On the whole, I'm quite happy with this figure and it's a worthy addition to any collection of Imperial or EU figures. Loses marks for loose grasp of its weapons (esp. the blaster, as mentioned above), but interesting nonetheless.
    Glad I was lucky enough to find it when I did!

FP London are now stocking the Hailfire Droid & the Hoth 4-pack (Luke's broken-horned Tauntaun variant).

If you're planning to buy both, don't expect much change out of 60...

After my first Star Wars hunt for 3 months I bring you news from (a very wet) Central London. I didn't get to the Forbidden Planet Megastore (raining too hard) I did manage to get to the discount store where they had several POTJ Snowspeeder on sale for 14 a piece as well as Clone Wars Gunships for 25 plus the usual pegwarmers for 2.

Not much else to really report though.