Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Seven Day Adventist

How many Seven Day Adventist are out there?

Honest question (not being sarcastic for once).

How is a 7th Day Adventist different from all of the other Bible based religions? It just seems to me that they are all worshipping different aspects of the same idea. What is the difference at play here?
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

The New Encyclopaedia Britannica Volume 10, 15th Edition 1993

Seventh-day Adventist, member of the largest organized modern denomination of Adventism, a millennialist Christian sect founded in the United States in the 19th century.

The new Encyclopaedia Britannica Volume 1, 15th Edition 1993

Adventist, member of any group of Protestant Christian churches arising in the United States in the 19th century and distinguished by their docrinal belief that the personal, visible return of Christ in glory (i.e., the Second Coming) is close at hand. Adventism is rooted in Hebrew and Christian prophetism, messianism, and millennial expectations recorded in the bible.

I had to look it up.

BTW, I was raised Roman Catholic, but never confirmed.
    May the force be with you.

I remember being confirmed. Very bad experience for me.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    Adventist, member of any group of Protestant Christian churches arising in the United States in the 19th century and distinguished by their docrinal belief that the personal, visible return of Christ in glory (i.e., the Second Coming) is close at hand. Adventism is rooted in Hebrew and Christian prophetism, messianism, and millennial expectations recorded in the bible.

So, they started at the end of the 19th Century expecting the worst.

They've gone for another century expecting the worst.

Now they have to wait another millenia to expect the worst.

What a strange (and time consuming) thing to base a religion on.

Actually the religion is based on Christianity.

They just believe the Second coming will be around the millenium.

BTW, why would the return of Jesus be considered "the worst"? I thought it was man's own doing leading up to the end that was the worst.

So techincally, they believe we are living "the worst" and that Jesus will arrive and save those who are worthy.

Religion is never simple.
    May the force be with you.

So if Jesus comes out on the millenium and sees his own shadow we will have another millenium to wait. What kind of wacked calendar is he working off of??? I can't believe that I just used the work 'wacked' in a sentence. Yo!
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    Actually the religion is based on Christianity.

They just believe the Second coming will be around the millenium.

BTW, why would the return of Jesus be considered "the worst"? I thought it was man's own doing leading up to the end that was the worst.

So techincally, they believe we are living "the worst" and that Jesus will arrive and save those who are worthy.

Religion is never simple.

I was reducing my summary to the basest form of language with full knowledge of the multiple interpretations, but I understand everything that you're getting at.

The point was...ah, just forget it. I think Ghost of Jonna summed it up pretty well. Religion is VERY simple. A set of rules designed to make a mass of people behave with the threat of eternal damnation held over them if they don't. Or as I like to call it, the "Santa Claus" syndrome.

Seven Day Adventist Believe there is a second coming. We don't know when the second comin will approach but by the signs in the bible it is close. I don't remember the text but no man knoows the day or the hour. Seven Day Adventist follow the laws for clean food, what foods to eat( bad food pork, unscaled fish,its in the bible). You habe to be careful. Theres Seven DAY Adventists and there are just plain adventist. We believe that the dead is dead that means there aren't such tings as ghost. When a person dies the breath of life returns to GOD. You have to remember two things make up the soul, there's the breath of life and the body. There are only 3 people in heaven according to the bible. Elijah, Moses, and Enoch. I think I spell the name right. If you need any proof of any of my statements you guys know were to find me

When a person dies the breath of life returns to GOD. You have to remember two things make up the soul, there's the breath of life and the body. There are only 3 people in heaven according to the bible. Elijah, Moses, and Enoch.
    so, you believe when one dies, that's it, no afterlife? or will the person be brought back to life when christ establishes his kingdom on earth?