Hey everyone... this is actually my first time here. I kept wanting to come here and read what you all have to say but it just kept slipping my mind. Anywho...

My co-workers and I were having a discussion about the Phantom Menace the other day and we seemed to have some varying opinions about it. I personally thought it was good, but it could have been better. I don't really know how it could have been better... outside of eliminating Jake Lloyd and Jar-Jar. But my main thought was... it seemed like Lucas was trying to appeal to the younger generation as opposed to those who "actually" grew up with Star Wars Trilogy. This made no sense to me at all. What Lucas doesn't realize is that the following he got with IV, V and VI are a little older now. Sure kids today know about Star Wars and have probably seen all of them over and over again. But I don't think they can appreciate it they way we do. Maybe I am just rambling on about nothing... but does anyone feel he tried to please the wrong crowd?

To finish... I will cite an example from the film. --- The scene where Anakin is fine-tuning his Podracer... he has all of his friends come running around him. (Poor acting here by the way)
And in this scene Jar Jar gets his tongue stuck in the binders. The thing that sticks out most in my mind is the children laughing in the theater.

Let me know what you think.