Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Angry Ethics in Collecting or Can you believe this???

Today, I was on my cell phone shopping (yes being one of those people) when I stumbled upon some Destroyer Droids at KB Toys on Fullerton in Chicago. I found five Destroyer Droids.....AND EVERY SINGLE ONE WAS RIPPED ON THE CORNER!!!! Can you believe this? This was obviously done on purpose...you could see where it was started and then folded down. Not a single other figure was bent. ....I eventually found one that was not bent but it was hidden behind some boxes. Aren't we supposed to help each other and not try to deter someone from collecting. This was the first new figure that I have found in almost two months. Our love of the toy and of the movie is what brings us together. Let's play nice people....Anyone else have something like this happen to them?

Yes absolutely!!!!

I live in SE Wisconsin and I have run across someone that tears exclusive items (like the Target Accessory Sets; Dlx Yoda & C3P0 and the Cantina sets) and as of yesterday the Walmart Exclusive Trashcompactor set.

If I find this person I will report them to the store for destruction of merchandise and ask for charges to be pressed.

That is not too harsh is it?
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Originally posted by Val Da Car
    I live in SE Wisconsin and I have run across someone that tears exclusive items (like the Target Accessory Sets; Dlx Yoda & C3P0 and the Cantina sets) and as of yesterday the Walmart Exclusive Trashcompactor set.
    Hey, was that in Racine where you found the damaged sets???

I was there on Thursday on my way through town and found the Trash sets for the first time - and sure enough each one had a big tear on it!

Well, just buy them and open them?

I got frustrated with trying to buy mint cards a long time ago.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Sometimes the store itself does this to prevent the regular scalping crowd from taking everything. Believe it or not, they're actually trying to help us. Being that I generally open everything, I appreciate the effort on our behalf, but I can certainly understand the frustration for the others that like pristine cards.

Or its posible the case was damaged if the cards are all torn at the same place one sise of the case could have been mashed in transit. Over the xmas period the deliveries are hectic and people take less care of stuff because they have so much to shift.

I have come across that some Emperor Jargo. Where a little corner is smashed in all of them. You find this especially in GI Joe's (which I also collect). The ones on the destroyer droids were definetely hand ripped (it's like the card was folded and then torn from top to the side). I do hope that KB was doing this to help us, but I doubt it....

I have also seen this happen with new or "rare" items. I can't say for sure that someone did this (the bubble on the card is very big), but more than likely it is just someone trying to get a rise out of carded collectors.

Originally posted by Caesar
    Hey, was that in Racine where you found the damaged sets???

I was there on Thursday on my way through town and found the Trash sets for the first time - and sure enough each one had a big tear on it!

Caesar, Yes that is in Racine where this is happening!!

Sometimes over lunch I will do a "Hard target Search" and this problem happens at Wally World and Target but never at TRU or KB.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Last year... or maybe the year before... all the R2-Q5 cards at the retailers in the small town where I live were creased along the upper right corner. I bought a couple, anyway, since (see QLD's post above) I open 95% of all my figures.