Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile New to SW comics.

Hello,
    I'm new to this board and to SW comics. In particular, I'm interested in collecting some of the Dark Horse comics.
    Does anyone know where I might be able to get complete sets?
    Thanks.

If you go to the trading section, look under other, and the topic, COmics for SW toys, I have some Star Wars Marvel comics and Dark Horse for trade. I have many others too if interested.
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 01-13-2003 at 03:11 PM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

If you want to buy online, try Amazon.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Originally posted by kidhuman
    If you go to the trading section, look under other, and the topic, COmics for SW toys, I have some Star Wars Marvel comics and Dark Horse for trade. I have many others too if interested.
    Thanks, but I didn't see where Amazon.com offered back issues or complete sets.

Chances are, you'll need to go with the trade paperback reprints unless you want first printings for collecting purposes. Amazon and a lot of other book retailers carry the paperbacks. For the comics themselves, I'd recommend checking your local comic shop(s), other collectors online, and ebay.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    Chances are, you'll need to go with the trade paperback reprints unless you want first printings for collecting purposes. Amazon and a lot of other book retailers carry the paperbacks. For the comics themselves, I'd recommend checking your local comic shop(s), other collectors online, and ebay.

I kinda prefer to go with the comics. And I have checked EBay. I just missed out on a couple of auctions for 2 series by just a few cents! Oh well.
    I'll continue to check Ebay. I have yet to check out the local comic store. Maybe I'll have some luck there.

TK924 these are the comics I have currently for trade if you are interested:

Star Wars Marvel: 10-12, 68,76,77,79,82,85-93,95-104
    Dark Horse Star Wars:1,3-6

It is not much but it can get you started. If interested email me kidhuman2@wmconnect.com. Thanks
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Sorry, I was thinking about trade paperbacks.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

OK. I think that I have decided to go the TPB route.

My next question is: Which one do I start with? What are your favorite TPBs and why?
    Thanks for the help!

Start with the Dark Empire TPB, not necessarily because it's so great, but because so many stories refer to it. I also like the Age of the Sith ones.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."