Thread: Need some help.

Need some help.

I have never really gotten into the Micro-Machines line of toys but do have a few that came out long ago. I do have the one that had about 31 minatures in it(it had the star destroyer on the top of it.). It came out in 95 or 96. I was wondering if there was any way to find out the worth of these. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.

if it's the mm gift set with the super star destroyer in the top featured position, then what you have there is a master collector's edition gift set. there are a total of 19 ships including the ssd.

the box indicates that the ssd is only available with that set, which is a load of mularky, as the ssd is available in several different ways other than this gift set.

there was also a toys r us exclusive gift set, which contained 40 ships (pretty much all the sw mm's made up to that point, no episode I vehicles), but there was no featured star destroyer in the top window of that set (as least as i can remember), so i'm assuming you mean the gift set i described above.

as to the worth, that's all in the eyes of the beholder. as i recall, the set originally sold for approximately $26.00. the after market value is pretty much left up to waht someone might be willing to spend.

i believe that i have seen these go on average over at ebay for around $20.00 (sometimes higher, sometimes lower).

as always, it's what the market will bear.

we here at the ssg mm section, generally do not discuss items in terms of what they may be worth. we're all aware of what items are harder to find than others, thus commanding a higer price on the open market. but frankly, that kind of stuff doesn't interest us very much.

we try and help each other out with tracking down whatever someone needs, and finding them for reasonable costs (ie. msrp or less). we tend to not look kindly upon people who gobble these things up for the sole purpose of re-selling them for rediculously high prices in the after market.

why don'cha hang around a spell, and find out what it is about micro machines that has gotten all of us here into them big time. you may just find that you have something that is better than a quick buck, as well as being something that just might give you years of happiness and enjoyment
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Actually I just dug it out of the closet, and it is the 19 piece Master Gift Set. I bought the first series from ANH, ESB, and ROTJ. After that I concentrated more on the figures and vehicles. I bought this one because I was gonna collect them at the time but lost interest. I just wanted to really find out if it did have any value to it. I don't collect for a monitary figure, I would just keep my money if that mattered. Every once and a while I just like to know just how much I have in dollars for curiosity.I will stick around and keep up with you guys and see if I can help any of you guys or gals out. Thanks for the invite....
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Lightbulb gonna stick around?

cool!

you've taken your first steps into a smaller universe

the fun of micro machines, is that within each of the lines (micro machines, action fleet, die cast, x-rays, transforming head sets, mini head sets, etc.), there are more star wars vehicles and figures included in the mm world than what is available in any of the other star wars toy lines. the originality, and brilliance in design that went into such things as the transforming head sets, is unheard of in anything released in the 3 3/4" scale line.

each of the micro machines are incredibly detailed for such a small scale. in that 19 piece gift set that you have, take a look at the b-wing, or tie bomber, or the at-st (hell, look at em all!) the level of detail is amazing. and if you have an action fleet at-at, you will be pleasantly suprised to find that both the micro machines snowspeeder, and at-st are in perfect scale with the action fleet at-at.

of further scale interest across different lines of toys, you will also find that the action fleet snowspeeder is in perfect scale to the monster at-at released by hasbro (originally kener) as part of the 3 3/4" scale line.

these are just some of the reasons why micro machines are the best star wars toys out there!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Re: gonna stick around?

Originally posted by good shot jansen
    cool!

you've taken your first steps into a smaller universe

LOL.....

They are incredibly detailed for such small toys. The painting and art-work on them is awesome. I am not much on the scale ratios in retrospect to the originals. I do like them but alot of the reason I stopped was funds. It is hard to collect everything out there and since I really wanted the 3.75" in. line(still have about 85 vintage figs.) thats what I decided. I am always looking at the MM line in stores and have been thinking of buying them, which I possibly might start up again. I always liked the transforming headsets idea. They looked really cool. ANyway I will be popping in every now and then.