Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

U.S. Military build up in The Gulf: Is war inevitable?

Weapons inspectors still looking for the "smoking gun":

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...rap/index.html

With US military foces building up everyday, is this an indication that war will come no matter what the Inspectors find (or don't find) in Iraq?

I don't know.

That's a good question.

May the force be with you.

You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.
    --Albert Einstein--

Exactly Caesar!

Now I am not looking to get involved in a heated discussion on this, but I would just like to point out, as a side note, that Bush's public comment on the "Axis of Evil" was one of the most incompetent moves I have ever seen. Whether you believe that it is true or not as a statement is irrelevant. The point is that you don't declare to the world that you are completely against someone as evil and expect no repercussions. Perhaps that is not the best explanation. How about this: What would happen to a kid on the play ground if another kid ridiculed him in front of everyone? The child would feel 'small' and lash out at the first child because he sees it as the only way that he can acquire respect and power with all the other children; in a sense: to matter or to defend himself. It may sound odd as an example, but I do not believe that the developing situation with N. Korea and the US is all that different. These are base human behaviors where both sides are not helping a possible explosive situation. The future (Fate, destiny, whatever you want to call it) exists because we are creating it with everything that we do in the now. People need to realize that and take some responsibility for the pebble that they roll down the snowy mountain towards the village.

There I B*tched about it! Said and done. Thanks for listening.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Of course it's inevitable. Bush drew up the plans for it over a year ago, 6 days after the terrorist strikes. http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...3909-2003Jan11

Congress? We don't need no stinking Congress!!!

War is not the answer.
    --Sheryl Crow's T-Shirt on the American Music Awards last night--

I don't think it's about a war. It's about Jr. exacting revenge for his daddy. Any Jr. Republicans around that want to challenge that little bit of truth?

Originally posted by stillakid
    I don't think it's about a war. It's about Jr. exacting revenge for his daddy. Any Jr. Republicans around that want to challenge that little bit of truth?
    I would.....however, I am too busy stealing old people's social security, buying slaves, and bombing abortion clinics. Us Republicans are so busy these days!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by Caesar
    War is not the answer.
    --Sheryl Crow's T-Shirt on the American Music Awards last night--

LAME
    --A pretty good all-around description of Sheryl Crow--