What have I done......

After 8 days of being smoke-free......coughing my brains out.....lungs trying to clean themselves out.....quitting after 16 years......

I smoked one about 5 minutes ago.

1) I'm ticked I did it.

2) It tasted like crap.

3) I have a head-rush from Hell.

4) The head-rush is kind of making me nauseous.

5) I won't be doing that again.

Who here has given it up?......and how long does that horrendous coughing last?!?

I quit Howdy.

Here's how I did it:

I bought me a few packs of Newport Menthol 100's. I chain-smoked them one after another until, literally, I turned green in the face and puked my brains out. I don't think I ever felt so sick and weak, nor had I ever had a worse headache. I can no longer to this day stand the smell of a cigarette. I never smoked another.

Since you've smoked for 16 years...you'll probably be coughing less and less...for years. It'll soon stop consciously bothering you, though.

It's better than smoking your whole life like my grandparents did. My grandfather can no longer go anywhere without an oxygen tank, and has been hospitalized on 2 occasions due to his emphysema. These days, we can't go anywhere near him if we have the slightest sniffle.

Good luck in your pursuit. Be sure to take something else up to replace it...and not eating. Try to stay away from others who smoke, at least until you've gotten over the hump. Don't do things you associate with smoking (like, perhaps, drinking). But you've likely heard these last few things 1000 times.
    Last edited by EricRG; 01-15-2003 at 02:28 AM.
    "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes."

I for one have quit many times but went back to smoking. The longest I went for was about a year. This is how I did it:

Before I went to bed I made smoked my last ciggarette in the pack.

When I woke up my lazy butt didn't want to walk the 200 feet tothe store for another pack.

I vegged out in my house that day and went no-where.

I didn't have any ciggs to smoke. After a few hours I kind of got over the urge to smoke one.(plus I had some good stuff to smoke anyways, just smoked that instead)

I coughed up brown gooey crap for a few days and then it passed.

Good luck on your quest. Don't give in to the darkside.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quiters never win!
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"