Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 3 news

Episode 3 news

George Lucas talks a bit on Episode 3 over at Fox News .

So this was the only real "spoiler"

"I know what I want to do," he said, "it was mapped out from my original writing for 30 years. But still you have these two pieces Clones and Chapter IV and you have to make them fit together. You're going to see a lot about Anakin and Luke and Princess Leia's mother, all the adults. And of course Luke and Leia will be infants in it."
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by Rogue II
    So this was the only real "spoiler"
    Right. So I guess this means Luke & Leia will already be born?

Originally posted by mini-rock
    Right. So I guess this means Luke & Leia will already be born?
    Not necessarily. They may spend most of their time in the womb, yet appear as new born "infants" near the films end.

I thought either Lucas or Portman said Padme would be pregnant through most of Episode 3.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

"Essentially, Peter is making three three-hour movies out of one book," Lucas said. "And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book." Of course, Lucas wrote his own book, but the mythology harkens back to Lord of the Rings. "We discuss it a lot because they are similar in nature," said Lucas.

What the heck?? He's making NINE 2 hour movies? I thought there were only six? He's made 6 movies from one book..!!!
    Right?????????
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

"I'm going to go from complete success to complete failure," he told me, without a wink or a smile. On the contrary, Lucas said he anticipates utter rejection from his fans once Star Wars concludes. "I'm going to make a bunch of movies like THX," he said, referring to his earliest effort. "And if people don't like it, too bad. There will be no Schindler's List or Saving Private Ryan for me," he said of pal Steven Spielberg's "serious" movies."There won't be any big dramas or Oscars."
    Good for him, I'm sure he's sick of Star Wars being the only thing that anyone ever really asks him about. It's the same for actors that get typecast in one role, and can't be seen as somthing else. I for one, can't wait to see what else he has planned for us in the years after Star Wars. I'm just glad to hear he does have plans for after Star Wars, would have sucked to have seen him retire again.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

surely someone is going to comment on the fact that Lucas said NINE two hour movies from one book!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Who knows. We've been told that Star Wars will be 6 films. Back in the day I believe GL had a plan for 9, but he had said he could fit his story into 6. Can't remember where I read that though.

Maybe GL meant 6 and mistakingly said 9, or he slipped his ULTIMATE PLAN out and really is going to make 9. The interviewer coulda heard it wrong, who knows.

Honestly I didn't really think anything of it since GL has said it will only be 6, but if by some miracle another 3 get made or are planned to be made would be fine by me. Doubt it will happen though.

Oh, I just got a thought. 1. ANH 2.ESB 3. ROTJ 4. ANH SE 5. ESB SE 6. ROTJ SE 7. TPM 8. AOTC 9. EP III
    Okay!!!!! I think THAT is what he is refering to...