Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Explaination for Anakin's green and blue sabers.

I have noticed that some people have been confused by this on other boards and websites.
    I believe there is simple explanation to this. As the movie begins Anakin will have a green saber because it is Qui Gon's old saber, probably given to him by Obi-Wan like Anakin's old saber was given to Luke. Then somewhere during Episode II Anakin will build his own blue saber and complete his training, like Luke did between ESB and ROTJ. As for Obi's blue saber, he either built a new one or he retreived his old one from the bottom of the shaft after Episode I.

okay...if anikan got his from obi-wan, then that isn't right because ani makes his own in the book when he is 12.

If the book you are referring to is one of the Expanded Universe novels, it dosen't relly apply to the movies.

Just like in the next movie, Boba Fett is not going to be Jaster Mareel, even though that was his "real" name in one of the EU books.

Though the books may be fun to read, George does whatever the heck he wants to with his movies.

And I say thank god for that, because there have been some VERY cheesy EU books (and a few gems).
    All your base are belong to us!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by Magnolia-Fan
    If the book you are referring to is one of the Expanded Universe novels, it dosen't relly apply to the movies.

Just like in the next movie, Boba Fett is not going to be Jaster Mareel, even though that was his "real" name in one of the EU books.

Who says that after Fett's dad gets decapitated, he doesn't wander around the galaxy for a bit under the name Jaster Mereel?

And who says it's Qui Gon's lightsabre? Just because obi Wan used it ONCE under dire circumstances doesn't mean he wouldn't put it in a box somewhere and build himself a new one. Same goes for Anakin. I think it's two new sabres.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

One other theory I've heard is that after Obi-Wan gets knockout, Anakin picks up Obi-Wan's saber and fights Count Dooku with BOTH (GREEN & BLUE SABERS). During the course of the combat Anakin looses his saber but still has Obi-Wan's, still it doesn't matter because Count Dooku will trap Anakin under a crane of some kind before Yoda shows up and lays the smack down...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I believe Anakin uses his green lightsaber (Its a new lightsaber if you've seen the realscan pictures of it,which I have and still have) he uses this,when Obi-Wan is knocked out of the battle between Dooku, after awhile Anakin loses his(green) and force grabs Obi-Wans lightsaber(blue) and uses that untill Dooku escapes...
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Question

heres my take on the light saber colors. Red sabres go to Sith Lords and Apprentices. Blue sabres go to Padawans. Green sabres go to Jedi masters. Obi-Wan became a jedi master when Qui-Gon died. thats why he has a green sabre in the trailer. in A New Hope, the lightsabre Luke gets is blue. Later in the trilogy, he ends up with a green one.

Originally posted by jw_bryant
    heres my take on the light saber colors. Red sabres go to Sith Lords and Apprentices. Blue sabres go to Padawans. Green sabres go to Jedi masters. Obi-Wan became a jedi master when Qui-Gon died. thats why he has a green sabre in the trailer. in A New Hope, the lightsabre Luke gets is blue. Later in the trilogy, he ends up with a green one.
    Then how do you explain Ben's blue saber in ANH? Plus Ki-Adi-Conehead has a blue saber.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Then why would Obi have a blue saber in ANH?

Yeah, what HE said!