Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by JediDBM
    In/ under the part that collapsed, I didn't have anything but the wire and wood, and the top caved in just like a cake. My paper mache Hoth mountain kind of looked like Mt St Helens after it erupted back in the early eighties. Next time I get to build my diorama, may still be a while, but when I do, I will use a little heavier wire and stuff balled up newspaper to support the inside.
    Something I just thought of, did you have the wire stapled into the wood? I made the mistake of thinking I could have tape down the mesh and it would stay. I used trash bags ties to hold the mesh down.
    Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens call on me, and I will equalize.

19th century ad for Colt revolvers

Be wary of the man who only has one gun...for he probley knows how to
    use it.

I'm always on the lookout for common everyday stuff I can use for a diorama. I have a stockpile of empty film cannisters I'm going to paint and use as barrels/storage containers. I also have a huge box of stryofoam at home for some use.

I picked up some extra AOTC C3POs from the local comic shop for the blue plastic storage box he came with. (Someone had tried painting on 3PO; it didn't work out and sold them to the shop.)

Hey everybody, I made a most excellent discovery this morning. I was putting my daughters barbie doll house back together for the tenth time. Anyway, For my situation, I have two of the Death Star playsets, been looking for a way to connect them, so I discovered this, if I buy one of these barbie playhouses, paint it black and grey, leave the roof off of it, it looks just like the hanger bay in the Death Star. Perfect parking place for a tie fighter or tie bomber.
    My Jedi name is Merdar Iyu
    Chewie? Chewie!!! Have you even seen Star Wars?!!
    "Lev, have you ever heard of Evil Kenevil?" "No, I never saw Star Wars"

Cool idea! There are sites on the web where you can print off wallpaper of the Death Star hallways.

OC47150, very cool, I did not know that, a web site where you can print wallpaper of the Death Star hallways? You dont happen to remember the site do you? That would be the perfect addition to any Death Star diorama!!!

Go to niubniubsuniverse.com. He has a section on 'textures download." Once there, it's broken down to specific movies, and there's Death Star hallways.

Thank you very much OC47150, that would be a good finishing touch to my Death Star

Niubniubsuniverse is an excellent source for information on diorama. He just finished up his Pap's office. Truely remarkable.

I have an question what is profile board and where can I get it?
    Also I'm looking for a poster of snow mountains for my diorama any clues where I can get one.

I still haven't taken pic's on my mountain. Anyone else have pic's of their's diorama? I would love to see some.
    Last edited by Dark Knight; 01-22-2003 at 12:39 AM.
    Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens call on me, and I will equalize.

19th century ad for Colt revolvers

Be wary of the man who only has one gun...for he probley knows how to
    use it.

If you would like Dark Knight, I will look thru some of the posters at Walmart, Kmart and what ever else is close by for some snowy moutains. I think you might want to look at someplace like a Spencers, they usually have a pretty wide variety of posters.

I don't know how niubniub does it. His dioramas are the best. Something we all can aspire for.