Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Hasbro's Fans' Choice Poll IS A FRAUD - results attributed to cheating!

The facts documented by all of us on these forums here support the undeniable conclusion that someone is cheating, hacking, or otherwise defrauding the Hasbro's Fans' Choice Poll.

Check this out:

One percentage point is a huge change in this poll.

I assumed there was 1 million votes.

.01 x 1,000,000 = 10,000 (Ten Thousand)

Now using this thread and POSTS FROM PEOPLE RIGHT HERE, we have:

According to JarJarBinks on DECEMBER 23, 2002, at 8:13 pm:

General Jan Dodonna : 31 %
    Captain Antilles : 23 %
    Senator Yarua (Kashyyyk Senator) : 22 %
    Ben Quadinaros (Pod Racer) : 12 %
    Rabé : 12 %

According to TwoDotTatooine on DECEMBER 25, 2002, at 8:14am:

Yarua... 19%
    Quadinaros... 12%
    Rabe... 13%
    Capt. Antilles... 23%
    Gen. Dodonna... 32%

According to BanthaPooDoo on DECEMBER 26, 2002 at 9:31 am:

Senator Yarua (Kashyyyk Senator) : 20 %
    Rabé : 13 %
    Gen. Jan Dodonna : 32 %

According to Rogue2 on DECEMBER 30, 2002, at 4:44pm:

Senator Yarua (Kashyyyk Senator): 21 %
    Ben Quadinaros (Pod Racer): 12 %
    Rabé: 13 %
    Gen. Jan Dodonna: 31 %
    Captain Antilles: 23 %

According to Corporal AMF on JANUARY 3, 2003 at 1:47pm:

Senator Yarua (Kashyyyk Senator) : 21 %
    Gen. Jan Dodonna : 31 %
    Captain Antilles : 23

According to KidHuman on JANUARY 6, 2003 at 3:24pm:

Senator Yarua (Kashyyyk Senator) : 21 %
    Gen. Jan Dodonna : 30 %

According to SirSteve on JANUARY 15, 2003 at sometime this morning from midnight up until 11:52 am:

Senator Yarua (Kashyyyk Senator) : 22 %
    Gen. Jan Dodonna : 29 %
    Captain Antilles : 25 %

According to BanthaPooDoo on January 15, 2003 at 11:52 am:

Senator Yarua (Kashyyyk Senator) : 23 %
    Gen. Jan Dodonna : 27 %
    Captain Antilles : 25 %

Remember if 1 million people voted, 1 percentage point equals 10 thousand votes!

If only 100, 000 people voted, 1 percent still amounts to 1,000 people voting only as of this morning.

By contrast, I posted this site's current poll for which playset you all want to see next up on January 13, 2003, at 5:13 pm and now after 48 hours we have 1023 votes total on a new poll that has been up 2 days on one SW fan site.

On Hasbro's official site, we have over 2000 votes in about 12 hours, on a poll that has been around since December 23 last year!

Don't tell me this isn't suspicious! If Dodonna loses, I just give up on these. Sure - all the figures offered give them a test market demand figure and if 1million voted, they can rest assured that even if Yarua loses this contest, it'd be worth making his figure because they could sell 230,000 units of it.

But watch what the voting means.

If only 1000 people voted than a 2% change between Steve's post and BanthaPooDoo's means that 200 people only just heard about this poll for the first time since December 23, and all of them learned of it in the last twelve hours. - and that's assuming (obviously erroniously) that more people vote on SirSteve's polls in 2 days, than on Hasbro's poll in 4 weeks.....right.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

yeah but now it's:

Senator Yarua (Kashyyyk Senator) : 24 %
    Rabé : 12 %
    Gen. Jan Dodonna : 26 %
    Captain Antilles : 26 %

So maybe they'll make both.
    Never question an eye that no longer lives THEY KNOW ALL!!!

STRAIGHT OUTTA LOCASH!!!

Here is my DVD collection

CB4 Where you at?

1% or even 2% is not a huge change, when you consider the numbers round up and round down. But now it's obvious that someone is stuffing the ballot box to be cute. And it appears to be someone that actually visits the websites, and sees what the most popular choices are. Then the start stuffing the ballot box, for the 3rd highest to push it over the top of the other two that are splitting votes.

Just like how they easily did it to the Imperial SketchTrooper. They saw that the majority backed either Riekeen or the Dignitary, so they started stuffing for the SketchTrooper. The same thing happened with the Twi'Lek Massuse, but atleast Hasbro did a recount in that case and threw out a ton of false votes. They need to do that again in this case.

Somewhere some little shmuck is sitting and laughing, cause he's screwing up the Fan Polls. Making sure that the Fan Favorite Figures, is one that wouldn't normally win. A new way of doing these polls needs to be established. Maybe sending in between 100-200 Jedi Master Points to get 1 vote. That way, the collector fans get to actually choose the figures. Not some lil arsehead out there somewhere.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I spoke with my friend that's a webmaster of another Star Wars fan site. He said that Hasbro sent out e-mails today to everyone on their e-mail list.

I'm pretty sure I am on their list, but I received nothing as of 7:30 pm PST.

Anyone get a StarWars e-mail that included instructions to go and vote? Anyone on any Star Wars kids' mailing lists?

I could see kids turning away from Dodonna, but first I want to confirm that this e-mail was sent out by Hasbro or StarWars.com.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It's from Hasbro

Yeah I got one. here is what it said:

Let Us Know What New Action Figure You Want

You only have until Eight O'clock AM Eastern Time on Monday,
    January 20 to cast your vote in the 5th STAR WARS Fans'
    Choice Figure Poll.

Click on the link below, log on, cast your vote and stay
    tuned, because whichever character receives the most votes
    will become the next Fans' Choice figure. Remember, only one
    vote per registered visitor so choose wisely.

----------------
    SEND TO A FRIEND
    Include your friends in the voting action, click on the link below:

------------------

We at Hasbro believe we are sending this email with your
    permission. If you feel you have received this message in
    error, please click the link below, and you will be removed
    from this list promptly:

At Hasbro, we respect your right to privacy. To view our
    Privacy Policy statement, please click here:

(C) 2002 Hasbro, Inc. All audio, visual, and textual content
    in this message (including all names, characters, images,
    trademarks, and logos) are protected by trademarks, rights,
    copyrights, and other rights owned by Hasbro or by Hasbro's
    licensors, licensees, suppliers, and accounts. Click here
    for more details:

(C) 2002 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM or (R) where indicated.
    All rights reserved. Used under authorization

*Edit*I deleted the links cause they were to my account.
    Never question an eye that no longer lives THEY KNOW ALL!!!

STRAIGHT OUTTA LOCASH!!!

Here is my DVD collection

CB4 Where you at?

Well, here's something else that doesn't surprise me.

I was happy with the Duros, Amanaman & Ephant Mon. All good figures, two that had never been made and Amanaman was another of the few remaining vintage that needed to be made.

Then the crap starts hitting the fan. $150 for a ship from a bankrupt company, FAO, that should only be around $80 at the most. Heck, we got a gun ship for $40 & I got mine for $30 b/c of price matching.

Then the wanna-be, saber wielding, never made it to the big screen mockup gets voted into figure status.

We know someone's been tinkling in the voting pool but who's going to stop them? This is crap and we know it. I voted for Rieekan and the good ol' General. That's all I could do.

"Begun this clone voting has."
    Last edited by Sidiously Darth; 01-15-2003 at 10:13 PM.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

BTW, I got the email. Funny since I already voted...
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Or it could just be that some people have been busy after the holiday break and only just got their e-mail telling them there was a poll on. not everyone has a life ruled by star wars collecting y'know. The world is a pretty big place and although i knew about the poll because i got the news here or at some other collector site i too only just got the e-mail ith the news of the poll so if i was relying on that e-mail newsletter for collecting news then that's the first chance I'd have had to place my vote.

Not that I'm sying that's the case i'm just presenting an alternative argument for the hell of it. Frankly i'm past caring at all about the screwy fan's choices. My choices are never the winner so i don't give a monkeys to be honest who wins or whether no-one wins and Hasbro cancels. They've just about drained all the fun out of toys this last couple of years so what's the point honestly. Why waste energy getting steamed up over something so trivial. There's more to life than boy meets toy - boy gets toy.

Screw the fan's choice polls. Just make the damn toys and stop the p***ing about.

Yep, I got the same E-Mail myself. Maybe the large influx of votes are from people that don't belong to any fan sites, and didn't know about the voting until they got the E-mail. Got it in my E-Mail box at 10:52 AM, which was before the votes started really changing. So like Jargo said, it is possible.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah, I got the email today too, and noticed the huge jump the Wookie has made. What a bunch of crap.
    Stupidity should be painful.