Thread: Star Destroyer

Hybrid View

Star Destroyer

Does anybody have the Lego Star Destroyer? I want it, but it looks massive to try and put together.
    My Jedi name is Merdar Iyu
    Chewie? Chewie!!! Have you even seen Star Wars?!!
    "Lev, have you ever heard of Evil Kenevil?" "No, I never saw Star Wars"

I did buy the star destroyer and put it together without much trouble, although it took me a while (some 25+ hours). It's a great set and I would recommend getting it.

One thing that the manual does not tell you about but that I found out can be a bother is about the yellow pieces that hold the magnets. Make sure when putting the magnets in those yellow pieces that they all repell one another (meaning the same polar side of the magnet is always facing down). Especially at the rear bottom of the ship I found that the magnets that are supposed to keep the plates together actually influence eachothers field, and if they are the wrong way around they do not generate enough pull to keep the hullplates attached to the frame.

There are a couple of minor mistakes in the manual as well, mostly in forgetting to number how many times you need a particular piece. I did not find the mistakes to be of any hinderance, but just kep looking at the pictures while you build just to make sure there is not a whole lot of those little blue lego pieces that you are forgetting.

However, if you build the star destroyer exactly according to the manual one of the shield generators is positioned one lego knob more foreward then the other, and That just looks weird! The picture on the box clearly shows that both should be in the foreward position, which is how I did it, and that looks fine.

Hope this helps!

Your advice is greatly appreciated RobertDD, I havent got it yet, but it looks really cool. How big is it when all put together?
    My Jedi name is Merdar Iyu
    Chewie? Chewie!!! Have you even seen Star Wars?!!
    "Lev, have you ever heard of Evil Kenevil?" "No, I never saw Star Wars"

Didn't Lego raise the price on these after Christmas? I think I saw them going for around $300 now.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Lego had announced long ago that the set would go up to $300 on Jan 1st, 2003.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.