Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Battlestar Galactica is coming Back! Whoo-hoo!

Battlestar Galactica is coming Back! Whoo-hoo!

Deep Space Nine's writer-producer Ron Moore is helming the new adventures of BattleStar Galactica!

They start filming in March.

I'll post more news as I get it. Everyone else feel free to jump in!

There will be these characters:

a Woman President of the Colonies, and love interest for...

Adama - Military Commander

Baltar - computer programming genius with evil tendancies

Apollo - estranged son of Adama, starfighter pilot

Starbuck - a girl this time! Love interest for Apollo, a fighter pilot

Executive Officer - was it Tyler? the black man who pilots report to

Number - 6 - A girl and Cylon-made human replica that seduced Baltar into treachery.

and that will be the core cast I believe, as the ship "leads a rag-tag fleet of survivors" to find earth!

And the Cylons are coming to get them!

Explanation for the Cylons is offered that the human colonists created them - but they revolted when they gained full intelligence. Sure, it's "Terminator in space," but it's darn cool!

Yaaaay! BattleStar is back!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

And the original series is coming out on DVD next year as well.
    It's a good time to be a Battlestar Galactica fan.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

It sounds like BattleStar Galactica: TNG...

Very cool though. I definitley look forward to it! I've been waiting for the old series to show up on DVD, and have been forced to endure the "movie" that was put together. I've wanted to see thier return, or iscovery of, Earth for a couple of years.

Please keep us posted!

All right. I missed a few letters wile typing... Please give me a break, as I've had a few drinks. Unfortunately, here in Delaware, the bars close at 1a, unlike in PA where they close at 2. Otherwise, I'd be ordering my last call right now. Happy New Year!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

This is great news. I enjoyed the series. So hopeful this new series should be good.
    Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens call on me, and I will equalize.

19th century ad for Colt revolvers

Be wary of the man who only has one gun...for he probley knows how to
    use it.

It should be better then Galactica 1980, that's for sure. Ugh, worst spin-off TV series ever. Thankfully when the new comic series started up a few years back, they retconned all the 1980 crap. They were going to do the same for the originally planned new series. Looks like they are going to do a totally re-vamp and start at the beginning from what Tycho says. Which is always a better option, IMHO.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

It leaves me both excited and confused - l like the old series too and will miss Dirk Benedict as Starbuck. Do I want to collect the old ones in my movie assortments? What about those films like Galactic 1980 - I don't remember them so I need to see them even if you guys say they were bad.

I'd also like to collect "V" (The Visitors) series and movies and I'm not sure where to look for a complete listing of those.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Was Galactica 1980 when they finally made it to Earth? I seem to remember it going on for a few episodes, but don't quite remember what happened. can any of you guys help clue me in?

Did the cylons attack? When they got to Earth, what happened to the rest of the fleet? What happened to Starbucks Earthly love interest?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Which version of "new Battlestar Galactica" is this? We had the Richard Hatch version that had some fan-power behind it, the Bryan Singer/Tom DeSanto version that was being heavily considered a year and a half ago, and now this Ronald Moore one which I heard was going to be a miniseries? I'm starting to lose track of which is which.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, in Galactica 1980 they made it to earth. It only lasted 10 episodes, and bearly dealt with the fleet to save costs. You can read the episode breakdowns at the following link. It's well known for the laughably bad "Flying Motorcycles".

http://epguides.com/Galactica1980/guide.shtml

The Cylon's never really attacked, but they were the threat of the series. Even though they supposedly hated humans, they had new Cylon robots that looked human also. Also to cut costs. The one with the Cylon at the Halloween party is so lame it's laughable. "Groovy Costume"

Strabuck only appeared once in the entire series, and that was the last episode to explain where the hell he's been. Seems he crashed on a distant planet, and rebuilt a damaged Cylon to keep him company. It's considered the best episode of the 1980 series. And that isn't saying much.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 01-03-2003 at 04:55 AM.