Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Gamorrean Guard In Stock @ Brian's Toy's

For those of you who have to have it NOW, Brian's Toy's has the upcoming 12" Gamorrean Guard in stock.

I have one pre ordered through KB. I imagine Brians toys probably added some $$ to the final price.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Originally posted by bobafrett
    I have one pre ordered through KB. I imagine Brians toys probably added some $$ to the final price.
    Yeah, about $30.00 added making it a about $60.00....OUCH!! I've got mine ordered through KB also, and a year ago I proly would have jumped all over it, but lately I have been extremely disappointed with the 12" line.

My local KB Toys got their 12" Gamorreans in today. I picked mine up and a buddy got his as well.

Just a note on the price. Most of the normal size 12" sell for 22.99 at KB. Why should 29.99 be an issue for this one?
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Originally posted by Darth Cruel
    My local KB Toys got their 12" Gamorreans in today. Why should 29.99 be an issue for this one?
    They did!?! (I looked in 2 KBs today and saw nothing.) Wow! Is it nice? If it's great then I don't think 29.99 is that big a deal.
    plasticfetish.net

I cancelled my preorder a couple days ago. I'm just not interested in anything for the 12" line right now especially after getting into the Unleashed and Master Replicas. Maybe in the future.

Originally posted by Darth Cruel
    My local KB Toys got their 12" Gamorreans in today. I picked mine up and a buddy got his as well.

Just a note on the price. Most of the normal size 12" sell for 22.99 at KB. Why should 29.99 be an issue for this one?
    Damn. Are the pre-orders shipping, too?? Did you open? How about some can pics??

KB's retail prices are ridiculous. Considering the general quality of Hasbro's 12" line, they should only be about 10 bucks. So the Gamorrean ought to be more like $20-23. That said, I jumped all over the pre-order. Thank God I had a $5 coupon code.

Thank you DARTH CRUEL!

I saw your post this morning, and got excited about this one, even though I'm not supposed to be buying any SW right now. But this is an exclusive, so I figured, what the heck? It can't hurt to get some info by calling a couple stores.

We have probably 10-12 KayBee Toys in the greater San Diego County area. I called 2 stores close to me, that usually have good stock on Exclusives. No such luck. I decided the Force was telling me to call just one more store.

They had a brand new case of these figures! (4 of them!) when I called them at a few minutes after 10 o'clock (when they open).

I immediately asked the guy to hold one for me, and how many they had left. 4 total, one being mine.

I called my friends in my collecting circle (there's 7 of us total, but only 4-5 of us have dealt with 12" for the most part - the other 2 seem to collect Jedi and Sith only).

I give them the store number and ask them to each call individually, but to tell the guy to hold them under my name.

I get my butt down to that KayBee within like 30 minutes.

There's four Green Pigs in full Battle Gear waiting for me when I arrive!

They're cute, even. In that odd sort of way - like if you think Salacious Crumb was cute...

Well, my pal Tony arrives, during his off-period from his job as an elementary school teacher, and I have his held for him, while I'm talking about Episode 3 with a very cool KayBee sales clerk.

He's impressed.

We called my buddy Mike (who yeah, owns and runs the ************** website). He wants (another?) one - he usually gets his stuff way early, but likes a mint-in-box one that he doesn't open to photo for his site, and he always gets that one later, through our network. Dexter will pay for Mike's because Mike works near where Dexter lives, so Mike can pick his up and pay Dex back, tonight.

Dexter arrives and is equally impressed. He buys 2 (1 being Mike's), and we've all got a Gamorrean now (everyone in our circle that wants one). KayBee's back to being out-of-stock, but me and Dexter each our on the waiting list to get a 2nd one, because he opens one, and keeps one boxed, while I plan to have 2 set up with my (hope to have) 12" Collection Jabba the Hutt - or at least squared off with allies Bib Fortuna and Boba Fett, and facing down my heroes, Luke Jedi, Chewie in Chains, Leia in Boussh disguise, and Lando in Skiff Disguise (still haven't gotten him yet). And I have a 2nd display with Slave Leia and R2D2 (of course), Han freed of Carbonite, with a 2nd Luke fighting Boba Fett, and hopefully a 2nd Lando fighting a 12" Weequay or Nikto (that I'm hopeful Hasbro will one day make!)

So now I REVIEW the opened, loose 12" Gamorrean Guard!

He's big! I have him next to my FAO Schwartz Slave Leia, and he dwarfs her, big time!

His clothes are all soft goods or real leather! JediTricks blasts the 12" Watto, since he was only molded plastic. Now I really understand how good an odd-sized mold can be with real clothes added! The Gamorrean also boasts "real" fur on his skirt, besides the leather vest and independent bandolier strap and waist belt, which buckle together! (fake buckle hides snap-on)

His head is that soft squishy stuff that rubber dog toys are made of. I haven't tried chewing on him, but for MOUSE DROID SNIFFERS, the plastic used smells like baby-toy teething stuff. So I imagine if you want to knaw on him, it'll kind of be like your first teether, if you don't mind chancing you'll ruin his detailed paint job or that you'll probably put teeth dents in the plastic. [Note, I've never eaten any Star Wars product to date, yet]. Being that his head is the squishy stuff, his helmet is non-removeable, but that hardly detracts from the figure.

ARTICULATION: wrists turn, arms turn at the shoulders, like most 3 3/4" figures. Elbow articulation is NOT included, but would have been nice. I don't think there's waist articulation. But I'm typing, never've checked, and he's in sight, but just out of reach at the moment. I have to get this review typed, then back to other tasks. The legs swivel on circle-swivels sort of like Watto, and they're more sturdy plastic than the softer stuff the head is made from.

ACCESSORIES: the one smaller axe actually has blood stains on it! How McFarlane is that?!! They did a nice job on his two axe weapons, one being like a surgeon's chest cleaver with 2 joints of union with the club staff its mounted on, the other being just like a wood chopper's utility axe (this one being the smaller one, with the blood).

OF COURSE HE CANNOT REALLY HOLD EITHER WEAPON! What's up with Hasbro? Does a little guy in a little cave sculpt these figure's hands with no conversation or knowledge of another guy out there sculpting the figures' weapons? K. I would use your clear-bands I always recommend people save (that come with many of today's 3 3/4" figures to hold their lightsabers in their hands, or pre-pose them on their cardbacks. If you don't, the Gamorrean can only hold 1 out of 2 weapons, and he can't hold the single one that well either. He needed more "clenched" fists, not open hand Han Hoth syndrome.

OVERALL - the figure's worth getting! I think I give it a B+, though I'm tempted to go higher, but my highest rankers are like Jango Fett and the Bikerscout on Speederbike and talking 14" Vader w. Removeable Helmet. Being that I couldn't live without those figures, and this one...well - let's wait until the excitement of a brand, new find fades, then we'll see if he gets re-graded an "A."

But please don't pass him up! You'll like this one!
    Last edited by Tycho; 05-30-2003 at 03:46 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Sounds good Tycho. I am gonna pick this bad boy up.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

They might not be rare at all, too.

My friend just called and told me where another store just got 8 of them in.

They're closing now, but they'll have them stocked in the morning, so while I can't be there personally until like 1 or 2 pm due to a business seminar, I'm going to call them when they open and ask them to hold one more for me, I think.

Maybe, if these things are like the Clone Trooper Officers, they'll be plenty of them stocked periodically.

However, they are definitely worth getting, and the Clone Trooper's price hasn't dropped in over a year, so don't expect these to last until they are discount items.

The Gamorrean rocks! How long have I waited for a 12" one of these, I can't say! Feels good to finally have him!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.