Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Awesome. I'm glad to see this figure is finally going to happen! Rock on!
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

That does look good, I'll have to clear up some more space on my credit card! I'll also have to get more shelves, because my current space is so full of 12" fiugures. This one looks Phat!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

and Fat!
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by derek
    i need to see an actual photo of the costumed actor, but the head looks to big, or the torso seems too short. otherwise, it looks good.
    I think the head and arms look out of scale with the body and legs. Still, I'll probably buy this where I passed on all the prequel-based 12" KB exclusives.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    I dunno, KB wasn't to bad on the price for the 12" Luke, Han, Leia 3-pack from a few years ago.
    Oh yeah, that set was a real bargain at $90 plus tax. $30 a piece for 2 shoddy rehashes and 1 good new figure was not my idea of "not too bad on the price".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Look at the costume picture again, JT. They do have large arms and heads. Comparing the figure and the actual costume picture, show that they pretty much got them right on the money. I guess it depends how anally picky you are.

Arn't all the figures rehashes, since almost all of them use the same body. Luke may have been a "cheap rehash", but he did include his poncho. Somthing that you would have had to pay for, if you wanted a 12" Luke w/ Poncho. The head is also the best on that Luke.

I also don't recall Bespin Han being made before that point, so your point is where? Han's head on that figure is also one of the best ones. Compared to the original 12" Han, it's alot more accurate to Harrison Ford.

And Leia: Boushh was worth the cost of the set. Especially since you couldn't buy her any other way. And when they finally did release her again, it was an an exclusive thru TRU. And it's more then the regular 12" figure prices. So all in all, the set is worth the cost. Atleast in my opinion.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The Gamorrean looks pretty good - not perfect - but good enough that I'll buy 2, both to open!

I'm excited for this one!

I expect it would cost $30.00 but would possibly fork out $40.00, though it'll make me angry about my plan to buy 2.

If the figure comes out at $19.99 or $22.99 like the Clone Troopers, then it will be a pleasant surprise.

KB's past exclusives have had a wide range:

Han / Luke Stormtrooper 2-pack - don't remember the price. I think it was $50. A fair deal at that price - nice packaging!

The Han Bespin, Luke Poncho, Leia Boussh set for $100.00. I bought it and I am glad to this day that I have the original Leia Boussh figure as apposed to the Barbie Bounty Hunter figure they are releasing as TRU's exclusive this year. JarJarBinks is right, that was the first release of Han Bespin, or that Han Solo head sculpt. It was and still is pathetic. I about cried when they recycled that head for Target's exclusive Carbonite Han. My memory tells me that it came second.

Electronic Boba Fett 12" - $40 was a bit high for 1 figure. It more than made up for it when I got one later for $10.00

TC-14 at $40.00???? I decided not to get her because of the price, but kept watching for discounts and gift certificates for KB online. Finally I got her for $20.00 and that was alright by me.

The Clone Captain and Clone Commander both at $22.00 each were simple and practical army builders, and at a great price for a 12" Exclusive. KB has since this past year been doing business in a manner that I find to be the best . They have great quality customer service, good if not equally comparable prices, and they've gotten a lot of things in stock on time, or even first. There stores are finally clean and well organized. I found ALL my Ephont Mon figures (2 and a third for a friend) at KB toys - all the Playskool stuff - and the Lott Dodd wave when it first hit, etc. etc. I remember they got the Han/Chewie/ Pilot Obi-Wan wave first, too.

I have hopes for KB Toys. They seem to have gone through some restructuring and are doing better business nowadays.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I think the head and arms look out of scale with the body and legs. Still, I'll probably buy this where I passed on all the prequel-based 12" KB exclusives.
    Wow! What a shock. Another cheap shot at the prequels .

I will agree with you though that the KB 3 pack was by no means a "bargain" but still worth the price IMO. For me you can't put a price on something you love to do.

The Gamorrean Guard even if it's slightly outta scale it's not enough to bother me. It looks good to me.

I'm also curious how much that bad boy weighs.

I cant wait to see them when they hit the shelves......it might be my all time favorite.
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

JJB, I still think the arms and head look out of scale with the legs and body.

As for "cheap rehashes", I'm not talking about the bodies (though that would be a true statement the way Hasbro deals with the issue). I was talking about the retread of a Tatooine Luke (ooh, with poncho, can we say "Malibu Stacy with new hat"? And I think we as a group can agree the best Luke head in this scale at that, or any other time to the current, is Jedi Luke) and more specifically that turkey of a Han Solo figure whose difference from the then-recent 12" Han Carbonite was the addition of the jacket and the lack of a carbonite block... and that Han head still looks constipated and squished down to me.

Tycho, I have a feeling we'll be seeing this one at $35 or $40. It is probably going to be heavier and in a bigger box than a standard 12" and since it's a new-sculpt exclusive, that'll probably tack on a little more. And I think you're right, Han/Luke Stormtroopers was originally $50.

I believe you are wrong about that being the first release of that Han head though, the 3pack came just after the disasterous Target exclusive Han carbonite with the same head and outfit sans jacket.

KB Toys was owned for a while by Big Lots I believe, and recently bought their way out of that situation.

Mini-rock, it had nothing to do with prequel-bashing, it was a statement of fact. I was initially going to say "...where I passed on all the previous 12" KB exclusives" until I remembered that though I missed out on both runs of the Han/Luke Stormtroopers, I did indeed buy Electronic Boba and the 12" 3pack at KB. Therefore, it was easier to say that I haven't bought any of their prequel-based 12" figures (if TC-14 had no electronics, I would have bought that when it hit $15 at the local stores as well, but I don't like the electronic C-3PO body in either use).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.