Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Tycho
    I hear what you're saying JT, - and not that you want this, but I just wanted to say that it'd be hard for me to stomach seeing Bib Fortuna being re-released with another 2-pack.
    Would you prefer Bib Fortuna never being re-released instead? Bib is a popular, well-done 12" that got put into a miserably-expensive FAO exclusive; people have been clamoring for his rerelease for what, 5 years now? This way, Hasbro could have gotten it out again in a popular set through a different chain without taking as much risk in case it sold poorly as a single-boxed due to being a rehash (which it wouldn't, but you know how Hasbro seems to think).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I already have Bib Fortuna, so it's not that I don't care that others don't - it's that I had no idea how hard he was to get. I seem to recall there being a lot of them available at FAO - though sure, the price sucked. But I paid it.

I think he's as good of figure as you do, so that's why I think he'd sell just fine separately, for $19.99 like the rest of them. If as few of collectors shelled out $72 for that 2-pack as you suggest were able to (can't recall but think that's right on the cost) and if it was rare or hard to find - though I don't think that, or the Tarkin / DS Gunner 2 pack were hard to find, then the single-pack Bib will sell just fine.

Jabba could be packed with Oola, for example.
    Last edited by Tycho; 01-23-2003 at 05:05 AM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yeah, I don't remember the Luke & Bib 2 pack being hard to find either. Same with Tarkin & Death Star Gunner.

If Bib had been included it would not have bothered me though, but I don't think it would have sold as well at a higher price.

If the Gamorrean Guard is really going to retail at $19.99 then that's a steal IMO.

That Bib is just about my favorite figure. I wanted him for a looong time. I paid a bit too much for him, though. I think the set retailed for $65. I couldn't afford the $100+ prices Iwas seeing on ebay, and didn't care to get Luke. I also wanted Bib brand spanking new. So I finally ended up getting one that had been opened to take Luke out, but Bib was still twist-tied in the box. I paid $65.

I recently decided I want that Luke. :|

I got the Bib/Luke at FAO having to drive over an hour and not knowing how much it was when the store called to let me know it was in. I got there and almost had a fit when they told me how much it was retailing for. I bought it, and I love the Bib figure. I wish they would sell him sepretely though, because I want to have one to take out and pose with my other loose 12" figures.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Originally posted by Tycho
    I already have Bib Fortuna, so it's not that I don't care that others don't - it's that I had no idea how hard he was to get.
    Same here, I even preordered the FAO 2packs on my credit card to get 'em. I only recently learned that the Jedi Luke/Bib Fortuna set is actually one of the top HTF sets in the 12" POTF2 line(s).

I'm told that Tarkin and the Gunner go for way less on the aftermarket than the Bib set. I think Hasbro would make some serious bank if they re-released some of those multi-pack originals like Bib and the Royal Guard. They don't even need to do retooling or new design.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It sure isn't unreasonable to expect that JT...after all, one of the big releases of last year was a total rehash (except for the two heads)...the Luke/Tauntaun set at TRU. I think enough time has passed and there would be enough collector interest to warrant a single-box release of Bib. As for the Royal Guard....heck, they could just throw it out in a Saga box and claim it was the AOTC version!

JediTricks and JediBear make really good points. I'll add to them by saying that Hasbro can bring new 12" collectors into the market if people that never started before don't feel it's impossible for them to get stormtroopers or Luke X-wing, etc.

It will keep interest in the 12" line, therefore eventually allow us 'veterans' to get more new characters that we always wanted, such as Jabba / Cantina aliens that ordinarily might give Hasbro some pause before they go about producing them.

The difficulty for those of us older collectors, is being patient and not grumbling too much when they re-release Han and Luke from ANH with action features. (While I don't plan to get these - uh... I don't think anyway [disclaimer]), they probably are cool and some of you will really like them - and some of you new here, will need some version of them. (I just can't wait for a better Han Bespin, myself!)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I know I'd pick up that 12" Bib Fortuna if it were rereleased as a non-exclusive. The closest FAO to me is eight hours away, and at the time it was released I didn't even know that that 2-pack existed; only much later did I see grainy pictures of it in other forumites collections...

An excellent point, Tycho. I am among the grumblers, too, when I look at the coming 12" lineup and 1/3 are rehashes. However, if that's what it takes to keep pumping out new figures, then I will accept it.
    Among the rehashes, the Gam Guard, Lando Skiff, AT-ST Driver, Leia Endor -- and rumored Yoda and a new Ewok -- will keep me happy. Plus I still need Padme & Geo.
    The Gamorrean looks great, although, the picture could be distorted like the first pic of Zam Wessel which made her appear "stubby".