Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chosen one?

Chosen one?

I imagine this has been debated here already...but who do you think is the "Chosen One" and brings balance to the Force?

Anakin or Luke?

I think Luke. Qui-gon was ALMOST right, but off by a generation.
    "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes."

It's Anakin, according to the prophecies. And he does bring balance to the force. He chucks ole Palpy down the Central Core of the Death Star in Return of the Jedi.

And yes, it's been discussed endlessly. I'm sure there is a thread around here somewhere, if you would bothered to search. I'll pull up the links.

Here's the best one, though it kinda turns into a crapfest of complaining about the prequels. But that's gonna happen when Stillakid pops up.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...threadid=16035

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 01-18-2003 at 08:24 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    It's Anakin, according to the prophecies. And he does bring balance to the force. He chucks ole Palpy down the Central Core of the Death Star in Return of the Jedi.

And yes, it's been discussed endlessly. I'm sure there is a thread around here somewhere, if you would bothered to search. I'll pull up the links.

Here's the best one, though it kinda turns into a crapfest of complaining about the prequels. But that's gonna happen when Stillakid pops up.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...threadid=16035

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Here I am!

Sure, it's Anakin. What the hell. Why not.

Just for the sake of argument, because that's what's expected of me (and at least mine are logical) , I'll suggest that no onscreen movie information has really managed to explain what this "bring balance to the Force" nonsense means. So your original question, Eric, is essentially, unanswerable until that issue is clarified (hopefully by something onscreen in Episode III).

Until that time, I suggest getting a scale (one of those old fashioned "scales-of-justice" kinds) and put various Jedi action figures on either side to see who "brings balance" the best.

Logical? When did your arguments ever start being logical. Even Jedi Clint had to debate with you in that thread. Over instead of discussing the question of the thread, you turned into a chance to moan and complain about your hatred for the prequels.

Just look at one of your first comments in it, about Obi-Wan "never being trained by Yoda". When was that established? He was trained by Yoda, until he was of age to be taken by a mentor (Qui-Gon) to complete his training. Yoda trains all of the younglings. And don't try the ESB defense. Obi-Wan only says "Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed me". Not "Yoda, the Jedi Master who was solely responsible for training me my entire life".

What onscreen info do you require, Lucas popping up with charts and grafts to point out where everything is. The prophecies say that Anakin is the "Chosen One". He's destined to bring balance to the force. Palpatine is the one that has thrown balance out of order. Therefor, Anakin chucking his arse down the Death Star core, brought balance back to the force.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

well if you look at it like this:

The Jedi have a whole bunch of people and the Sith have very few. So maybe "bringing balance to the force" means slaughtering most of the Jedi will make the sides more equal or balanced.
    Never question an eye that no longer lives THEY KNOW ALL!!!

STRAIGHT OUTTA LOCASH!!!

Here is my DVD collection

CB4 Where you at?

Logical? When did your arguments ever start being logical.
    Uh, from the get-go. But since you're so full of Lucas-can-do-no-wrong-rose-colored-glasses-worship, it's pointless to go through any discussion with you. Your standard string of silly comments barely merit this response.

So, Eric, just so there's no confusion, when Episode III arrives in theaters, I too, hope for some actual explanation about the balance of the Force issue, not just some farcical rationalizations to tide us over.

Hey stillakid. I think Lucas is using your sig line as his motto.
    Never question an eye that no longer lives THEY KNOW ALL!!!

STRAIGHT OUTTA LOCASH!!!

Here is my DVD collection

CB4 Where you at?

From the get-go, in your own deluded mind maybe. It's been pointed out time and again, you don't even consider the facts when you post. You just ignore the entire discussion, for a chance to get your swipes in at the prequels. If someone didn't know better, I swear that your actually jealous of Lucas.

I take back the comments about your name not fitting, while it doesn't fit from the standpoint of you can enjoy the movies with the same innocence as a child from when you saw the OT. But it certainly fits with your childish attitudes twords other peoples opinions.

You believe that your opinions are gold, and everyone elses are crap. Well, remeber the saying. Butts are like opinons, everyone has one and everyone thinks theirs don't stink. Of course you consider your opinons as inscribed in stone fact.

As for the "farcical rationalizations" remark, go listen to the audio commentaries for E1 and E2. Maybe you might learn a thing or two about the story. And thats coming from the storyteller, not just a fan that can see beyond his love or hatred for Lucas.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

As for the "farcical rationalizations" remark, go listen to the audio commentaries for E1 and E2. Maybe you might learn a thing or two about the story. And thats coming from the storyteller, not just a fan that can see beyond his love or hatred for Lucas.
    Thanks for saying that. Fans miss so much by not listening to those commentaries. There's a lot of things you learn just by hearing Lucas talk about it. Yeah....
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Interesting debate.

I guess I have a hard time believing Anakin brings balance because he wrought so much death and destruction prior to making his single saving grace...chucking Palpatine.

I believe that it was Luke who was even responsible for Vader's decision to do the throwing. And to me, that is the essence of the "bringing of balance"...converting his "unreachably" evil father back to the good side for the momentous toss over the balcony. He brings balance to his Dad, and to the rest of the galaxy far, far away.

And like you said, Stillakid, hopefully EpIII will bring about a hint at an answer to this question...but I do not think it will.

And JJB, to what audio commentaries do you refer?
    "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes."