Talking King Jedi Tricks !

5 bucks ! Argh ! It's impossible to beat this... You're the king !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just found the mail-away Yavin playset in its white mailer box that I was seeking after for a long time. This is the Yavin Action Fleet playset with the Battle Damaged Wedge X-Wing. I've always thought it was an AVON exclusive but the seller told me that he bought it in a grab bag from a JC Penney warehouse old stock. There is a catalog and the fan-club offer inside the big white box. I will post detailed pictures of it at once that I receive it.

Other than the box, are there any differences between this set and the regular packaging?

I'm not sure there is any differences between the regular set and the mail-away. Maybe additional figures like with the BJ's set but I don't think so. The packaging in itself is very rare. I saw it only once on Ebay a long time ago and the seller didn't want to ship overseas...
    Well, I will post a review as soon as I receive it. The white box covers the playset packaging and it is plain white with a logo and a few inscriptions (in blue or red, I didn't remember well) but no pictures.

- "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

Good find Sicqnus, I didn't know it ever sold in a white box. Let us know if the box is angled like the regular retail version please.

As for the $5 emblemless A-wing, it was right after KB and TRU had been clearing out Action Fleet vehicles for $2 a piece, I was at a local semi-weekly collectors show and saw it with other AF stuff of less importance. I figure the seller had no idea what he had picked up at one of those stores and simply felt a 150% profit was reasonable... funny since I certainly felt it was quite reasonable under those circumstances.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Very curious sicqnus if this will be like the white box JCPenney used for the remote controlled AT-AT

Love to see pics when you get the Yavin playset! The JCP AT-AT was different, so will be interesting to see if they changed anything in the Yavin set as well.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Hi R2,

I received the first of the two boxes I've purchased (one is in a poor condition - scans below).
    The box is absolutely the same (with the bevelled side) but plain white with just five stickers.
    There is two stickers on the front of the box, a "Star War" sticker (without S) and the JC Penney sticker (JCP-UPC : 655 7425 N/A199638).
    On the side, three stickers : a warning sticker, a "Made in China" sticker and the factory UPC sticker (655 6252 N/A 199638) - same UPC as your JCP AT-AT. I think it's the same production serie.
    Otherwise, the playset in itself is the same as the regular version, including the instructions sheet, the decals sheet and the fan-club offer (with the Vader's helmet).
    I haven't the pics yet (I'm waiting for the clean box to arrive) but I will send you several shots as soon as I get them.

Scan of the bevelled side :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jcpyavin01.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	5252  

Arrow other view

Scan of the side with stickers :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jcpyavin02.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	5253  

Most interesting sicqnus! The box does indeed look like the JCP AT-AT box. It's interesting that it is the same as the regular Yavin playset....why do the white box treatment if they weren't going to change something? Wonder if there are more JCP MM sets out there! Thanks for the pics. Cool find!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Well, the white box would be easier and cheaper to produce since it requires minimal printing, so Galoob may have been thinking of the bottom line there since most probably would have been for catalog sales and required no art.

Very cool box btw, something "new" indeed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.