Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boba Fett

Cool Boba Fett

How many of you SW Fans are glad that Boba Fett isn't DEAD!

What are you talking about? He died in Return of the Jedi.

(EU monster runs in) No! He's not dead, he blew up the Sarlaac and was rescused by Dengar and his woman!

Oh! I see that you have been stretching your vocabulary Mr. JabbaJohnL! Any ways if you read the books you would find a lot of news after the RETURN OF THE JEDI!

Originally posted by Gungan Warrior
    Oh! I see that you have been stretching your vocabulary Mr. JabbaJohnL! Any ways if you read the books you would find a lot of news after the RETURN OF THE JEDI!
    The books aren't canon. Boba Fett died in Return of the Jedi.

Yep, Lucas has even said that in his Universe that Boba Fett is dead. I wish that he would have never allowed that charecter to be brought back to life in the EU.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I believe that Uncle George said that the books, comics, videogames, cards, etc are a "parallel universe" from the official canon. Officially, only the six movies of the saga would be canon, though the two Ewok movies are often considered to be nearly as canonical because they're based on stories by Lucas. And if you want to nitpick, only the latest editions of each film are true canon, which means Greedo shot first, the Max Rebo Band is a huge and annoying mess, and Anakin spun around like a doofus during the podrace.

That doesn't mean the EU stories aren't fun. (Well, except for the Barbara Hambly books.) It's just a huge can of worms as to whether they're the truth or not, since fans are split about 50-50 on that issue.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ah, yes, then there's the Radio Drama.

And the Christmas Special, oh wait, George Lucas denies the existance of any Star Wars Christmas Special, so that's not cannon, thank goodness.

Plus there's the novels which I guess really aren't cannon either since they contain information which is never revealed on screen.

But the DVD's do contain bloopers and out-takes, which do appear on screen so, as such may be considered cannon.

or whatever
    May the force be with you.