Embarrassing Gaffes

What's something really embarrassing you've said, that almost as soon as it was out of your mouth, you began to blush?

Once I was at an open house for my school, you know, where the parents and kids meet w/ the teachers. I was talking to a girl I really liked, when this huge, tall lady with a big grey stripe in her hair and a TON of bad makeup comes out of a classroom. She looked like a linebacker in drag. I turned to this girl and said something like, "My God, did you see that lady!"and I was about to add a derogatory comment when, in a split second, I noticed a similarity between the two about the eyes. I also caught the look on her face, and she says , "You mean her ?", pointing, and I tried to play it off like I meant someone else, but the blood rushing to my face ratted me out. She wouldn't talk to me anymore after that, but I was kinda glad at the time since I couldn't look at her anymore without seeing what she would look like in 30 years.

I shouldn't have been making fun anyway, but when I was in 8th grade, I was stupider.

So what's something blush-inducing that you've said in public?

LOL!!!!! I'm usually quick to think before I speak, but i do have a humorous story about some friends.

It was early January of last year and 3 of my friends and myself had just gotten out of a late late showing of "Vanilla Sky" and had headed to steak n' shake. The our waitress was this really cute girl, probably about our age (20 or so) and asked how our night was and we said we were confused about the movie we had just seen and she asked what movie and we told her and she had seen it too and we chatted about it. So, she leaves to do her work and we head to the counter to pay our bills.

Well, i guess that person was off, cause our waitress came up to take care of our bills and for some reason, that got my 3 other friends giddy. the first two got kinda giddy and kinda rushed the counter to chat some more and whatnot and she just kinda got this startled look on her face. So, they pay their bills and then my good friend dave goes to pay his bill, and out of no where tries the worst pick up line, ever, "So, working nights and steak n shake huh? How's that working out for ya?" and IMMEDIATELY just puts his hand down, cause he knows it was horrible. I had stood back to watch this spectacle and just closed my mouth as tight as i could get it and started laughing. She kinda said, "yeah, um fine?"

He paid the bill and went outside and i then paid my bill. She looked at me grinned and i kinda shook my head and laughed. I paid my bill and told her, "Sorry about that. This is their weekend out of the house and they tend to get giddy" and she laughs and says it was alright. For the next week, everybody found out about Dave's pick up line and were asking him "so, working nights at steak n shake huh? how's that workin' out for you?"

Even to this day if dave and i are out galavanting, we'll see a good lookin' girl and i'll be like, "hey, dave, you should hit on her man. be like 'so, shopping at wal-mart? how's that working out for you?'" and he never ceases to smack me. Good times.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I had an embarrasing giraffe once.... oh gaffe hahaha

I was about ten i guess and had a friend at school who i thought of as my best friend We had a mutual classmate who moved to a new school when her parents divorced and she just was gone one day. My friend and i were both in cub scouts together and this one time we were on some trip to a dead things museum or something. Anyho we're in the visitors playground and discussing stuff and I'm on a swing minding my own business and the subject of this girl comes up and he says,
    "Remember ******?"
    And I go "
    Yeah, I really hated her, she stunk of wee and she had spots and funny eyes",
    and there's a pause and my friend says,
    "She's here stood next to me",
    and I'm like,
    "Ha! yeah sure..."
    And I turn round and she was stood there looking really sad and small and spotty and with funny eyes and with a faint wiff of wee...

And that is just the tip of the gaffe iceberg that has been my life.

All right.

Ten years ago I was working at a Pizza Hut in a little backwater town here in Mississippi. One of my best friends at the time -- his name was Will -- worked there with me. We had gone to high school together and were close; in fact, most of our class was rather close, since there were less than 30 of us all together.

Anyway, one day at work Will says, "Hey, did you hear about Tammy?" I knew who he was talking about -- one of the girls from our class.

"No," I said.

"She's pregnant."

"Oh." It was not really big news, at least not to me. Tammy had been married for nearly a year at that time.

A few months pass. One day, when Will was off, Tammy shows up at the Pizza Hut. I had not seen here since about the time she'd gotten married.

"Hey, how's it going?" I ask.

"Fine," she said.

"So," I said, nodding at her belly, "when are you due?"

She goes really red and says, "Uh, the baby? I had my baby a month ago."

"..." I said.

Of course I tried to talk a band-aid over that one, but I failed. Miserably.

That was bad. Very bad.