On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!

Why didn't Mace Windu...?

Why didn't Mace take out Jango on the balcony when Dooku told him he was out numbered?

Why didn't Mace try to take out Dooku right then and there? Clearly the battle droids nor Jango would not have interferred with their confrontation in case of accidently injuring Dooku right?
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

That would be a pretty brutal thing for Mace to do at that moment. None of the characters had their weapons armed, and were not attacking him, so by Mace just hacking Jango and Dooku right there he would probably be breaking some Jedi rule of not attacking men off guard .

When the Super Battle Droids showed up, they started firing at Mace so he wouldn't have time to get them, he had to get away.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

And just like in the other thread you started, it would be very boring from then on:
    Mace kills them both, the droids come in, he kills those, the battle droids might have still come in, gotten the same results, the Neimoidians would have made some retarded decision, their army would have been destroyed, and Yoda wouldn't've been able to kick anyone's ***.

Gotta go with Pendo. Jedi's don't attack, they only defend themselves. Mace was likely hoping for to end the situation quickly and without bloodshed. Infact Yoda says it best in ESB.

Yoda: "You will know. When you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Also, maybe Dooku was exerting a lot of mental-pressure on Windu at the time. We know that he's hugely powerful with the Force, perhaps (I think definately) more so than Windu, so maybe more of Windu's concentration was taken up by Dooku than he let on.
    Just a thought.
    Kadamontaga
    My collections

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Gotta go with Pendo. Jedi's don't attack, they only defend themselves. Mace was likely hoping for to end the situation quickly and without bloodshed. Infact Yoda says it best in ESB.

Yoda: "You will know. When you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    RIGHT!...got caught up in the moment and briefly forgot about the defense rule!

Thanks Jar Jar...you always set things straight!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

This may be alittle out of point here...

But Mace Windu was one of the best in wielding of his lightsabre. Wonder how he would have faired against Dooku? Force wise I don't really have the impression he is that great with it. Maybe in Ep III it's time for Windu to show his mettle!
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

Originally posted by Chiesa
    This may be alittle out of point here...

But Mace Windu was one of the best in wielding of his lightsabre. Wonder how he would have faired against Dooku? Force wise I don't really have the impression he is that great with it.
    In the Geonosis arena we see Mace block like 9 laserblasts from battledroids surrounding him. Most of those blasts were from behind too. Also when the Jedi are forced into a circle Mace is turned sideways and not using much energy to block laserblasts. while everyone is dancing around with their sabers, with the exception of Anakin, he's cool and calm and twirls his saber to block shots.

This is not to take anything away from Dooku of course who did some awesome shhhhhoot against Yoda, but in a fight with Mace, Dooku would have lost just like he did against Yoda.

Agreed...Mace would have kicked Dooku's butt! Look at how many blasts he deflects on his jump down off of the balcony...all while falling and being on fire too! Mace is awesome...too bad he won't be able to live into the OT.