Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Red Battle Droid Is Finally Coming!!

Galactic Hunter got ahold of Hasbro, and they confirmed that the Red Battle Droid is still planned for release. It will be showing up packed in cases coming in the next couple months. They also confirm that a carded basic white CloneTrooper is on the way. Here's the news from Galactic Hunter.

Red Battle Droid Status
    1/21/2003 9:30:06 AM | Reported by Mike

A few readers have e-mailed asking if the Saga red Battle Droid variant is still planned on being release. We contacted Hasbro recently and have been told that it is on the way and to look for it in the next couple of months.

This should come as good news to folks who have been awaiting this more "film authentic" version. Although sharing the same mold and features as the first battle droid issued last year, this updated version sports the Geonosian red color seen in the film. Hasbro also quickly mentions that an individually carded white Clone Trooper is on its way later this year. Stay tuned for more details coming soon.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 01-21-2003 at 05:10 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

shouldn't this have gone here?http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...threadid=17180

tsk tsk, slipping standards Jar Jar

But yes it's what was summised, a later release. The clonetrooper is a good choice of sculpt for the plain one although there's plenty of call for a plain one stood neutrally for a Kamino scenario, perhaps that'll come later. Still a plain clonetrooper released is better than none at all. Damn it if I didn't just waste money buying the red clonetrooper to paint whaite! That's £36 I could saved for the plain plastic re-release of the damned thing. And roughly March for the red battle droid then. Well i won't hold my breath. I'll just ride this one out and catch it when it arrives whenever it arrives. just good to know it's coming.

RBD

That's great new JarJarBinks,

I can't wait for the new RBD; they will look good in my diorama in the future. As for the all white Clone Trooper, I have four of the sneak preview ones along with two pilots, one Deluxe, one Red and one Yellow (custom version) so I guess a few more can't hurt to go along with the multi-colored four pack thatís rumored for release later on.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

That's awesome news about the new clonetrooper, I wonder if it'll be a new sculpt or just the preview minus the dirt or the red clonetrooper minus the red paint?
    As for the red battle droid, that's very cool, I much prefer the red to the Episode I beige colour

Yeah, I was going to put it in that thread. But I wanted to make sure everyone saw it. So that they wouldn't waste money on Ebay buying them from overseas. Just trying to do my part, to stop people from getting ripped off.

It doesn't say that the CloneTrooper will be a re-release of the red one, without the red. Or even a re-release of the preview version. In my opinion, it will most likely be an all new sculpt. It's probably the one on the retailer list, in the "Clone Wars" sub-line.

With the CloneTrooper Troop Builder, the Basic Carded one, and the 4-pack of colored one, there sure will be a lot of Clones available to build up our armies. Not to mention all the various ones that we got in 2002.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    there's plenty of call for a plain one stood neutrally for a Kamino scenario
    If it's anything like the sculpt of the Red Clonetrooper that we got, then that'll be your neutral Clonetrooper for Kamino, I have mine standing in a neutral pose with the rifle

Jar Jar did you read the second report at galactic hunter regarding the white clonetrooper? They posted that they did a little more digging and found out that it's the red clonetrooper minus red that's being released. The report has been posted since the one you reposted here. They didn't manage to find out if the same sculpt would be used for the clonetrooper four pack later in the year though.

Hey great, more battle droids to rot on the pegs until I come along to buy them
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Ah, Ok Jargo. They had updated after I pulled the Red Battle Droid info from there. Oh well, they could also release a different sculpt entirely at a later point. Thanks for pointing the info out.

New Clone Trooper En Route
    1/21/2003 1:32:42 PM | Reported by Adam.

The friendly folks as Hasbro let us know about a new "clean" Clone Trooper coming at us this spring. We dug a little deeper to get the exact make and model for our readers.

The new Clone Trooper will be an all-white version of the red detailed Clone Trooper figure that came out last year. Whether or not this will be the model featured in the rumored Clone Trooper troop builder set remains to be seen.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

They're coming soon- THANK THE MAKER!
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!