Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Custom Mace Windu

Hi all, a while back I picked up some red carded Episode I figures at my local K-Mart. They were 50 cents each, so I picked up a few for customizing. Well, I had a little extra time to myself so I put together a custom Mace Windu figure. I used the upper torso of a Jedi Duel Qui-Gon, and the head and lower torso/legs of the Ep. I Mace. It took some time to dremmel out some of the pieces to make them fit. Then I painted the hands and added a Sculpey collar and I was done.

It's not the best Mace custom, but it only cost me a buck to make. And now I have a nice, neutral posed Mace.

Ummm.. actually it cost $1.50 because I had to buy a Ki-Adi Mundi figure to get the purple lightsaber

Nicely done!!

I wish Hasbro would make more "neutral" posed figures, ala the vintage line.

Registered
    Good job, TIE Pilot!

Hasbro has really failed us with Mace. IMHO, the only good Mace was the sneak preview figure for TPM. The choco-Mace later in TPM line was OK (better without the cloak), but the Mace's for AOTC are deplorable! He has that constipated expression on his face!

Smile

Thanks guys!

jblodgett: Yep, I agree. Don't get me wrong, I like most of the action poses. But with all the resculpts Hasbro does.. I can't see why one or two of them can't be neutral posed figures.

OC47150: That's the reason I put this Mace together. I wanted a Mace in his Ep.II garb that didn't look like he was fighting, angry or needed a laxative And it doesn't look like we'll be getting a "peaceful" Mace anytime soon.

Registered
    My mind started wandering after I saw your Mace, TIE Pilot. I might try and put one together, too.

I also might try my hand at a better Jango Fett, too, combine accessories from the different sets to one figure.

Awaiting Confirmation Gungan Warrior's Avatar
    GOOD JOB! WELL DONE!!!!!!!

NICE JOB!
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas