Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

New Menu Format - Please Comment

I have made a new Sections Menu site navigation format on the homepage (Where it says News, Community, Collecting, etc). If you would be so kind as to check it out and post your comments so I can decide if it should be added throughout the site.

Thanks.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I think it looks really great Sir Steve And works better then ever.
    Signature Disabled

I'm usually not a huge fan of those branching menus, I guess for lack of a better word. But it looks ok. I would keep it just on the front page though, in my opinion. Like you said before, that's where most of the people go first. They can always go back to the front page, if they want to choose another area to explore.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Oh, and I still have to figure out how to get it to bump up agains the Sections image.... it's being a pain.
    "SirSteve"

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    I'm usually not a huge fan of those branching menus, I guess for lack of a better word. But it looks ok. I would keep it just on the front page though, in my opinion. Like you said before, that's where most of the people go first. They can always go back to the front page, if they want to choose another area to explore.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    The main reason we need it is for the interior pages (everything BUT the Homepage) because we ran out of room as you can see above (at the top of the page in the site navigation).
    "SirSteve"

Very nice (I know it's a pain becuase I tryed it) But it didn't work.
    Signature Disabled

I think its pretty nice. I like how you can access the various sections of the news, collections, etc. on the main page now instead of going to seperate pages.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Is there a way to make it actually make it like the front page, but imbeded it in the header bar? Like where you have the links to the different sections now? So it would work more like a pull down menu, instead of placing the box from the front page on every page?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Is there a way to make it actually make it like the front page, but imbeded it in the header bar? Like where you have the links to the different sections now? So it would work more like a pull down menu, instead of placing the box from the front page on every page?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Well, I could but why? If you are going to place your mouse over a link, that means you are wanting to leave that page so what does it matter if it covers any of it up?
    "SirSteve"

Originally posted by SirSteve
    Well, I could but why? If you are going to place your mouse over a link, that means you are wanting to leave that page so what does it matter if it covers any of it up?
    I can kinda see what JarJar is talking about. When someone wants to read something on the page, most people will often move the mouse arrow to the side of the page so it dosen't get in the way. Occasionally they'll move it over the link without realizing it. Then when the bar pops out, they are like "What the?" and "Damn bar!". A minor annoyance.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection