Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

And the new deluxe figures are...

Dwarf spider droid with wind up and go feature and super battle droid builder set with tub of gloop to mold your own pieces.

I'm not linking because I can't bring myself to. The spider droid looks horrible and the battle droid builder set is just stupid. What a wasteof an opportunity. hate them. That's all i'm writing on these. THRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP! Hasbro.

A sad day for Hasblah.

Warning, Be Strong: http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhun...ent.cfm?id=100
    Up your nose with a rubber hose

F the Fat Man

YIKES!! Well, that's another $20.00 I won't be dropping on figures.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Oh goody, Super Battle Droid glob set!

For cryin out loud... the Spider Droid isn't that bad looking, but if that's all there is and it's gonna be a small little thing then I'll definitely uh.. pass on these until at least I can get them at a good price. The SBD is one of the stupidest things they've ever come up with. They should've just done it like the 3PO set. If they think a kid is gonna enjoy easy bake SBD they're definitely wrong, cause once the stuff in that container runs out then the figure's main feature is useless. On top of that, it's just a hollowed out Basic carded version.

Man even the upcoming Deluxe Obi-Wan is better looking than these!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

There's nothing wrong with the spider droid, it looks like it did in the film.

The other piece is junk....but oh well, just don't buy it.

I could cut a Super Battle Droid into pieces and get out my JB Weld, if I wanted to build my own SBD, Hasbro. Of all the figures that still need to be made, and you're coming out with this crap?

Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
    There's nothing wrong with the spider droid, it looks like it did in the film.
    True, but as a Deluxe and alone it's bloody stupid, even the Hoth Accessory set tank droid could run over this shortstack!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwarfspiderdroid.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	5000  
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

What's wrong with the dwarf spider droid?

The dwarf spider droid looks just like in the movie! The dec ois simply amazing, one of the best paintworks harbro has done in years. The Lucasfilm design was ver "retro" to start with, so some people may not like it, but this has nothing to do with Hasbro. Hasbro's job is to make the figues as playable and true to the movie as they can, and they really did a fantastic job on the dwarf spider droid. It is very authentic, features amazing deco, and its actions features (probably shoots a missivle from it nose, and the walking action) are simply amazing. This is a FABULOUS toy, possible the best deluxe figure EVER. Just fantastic. I cn't wait to put it next to the hailfire droid and the battle droids.

Of course, I'm quite disapointed with the super battle droid. I was expecting a nice spd who looks like in the movie, and SILVER, as it should be. I find it strange that everybody is craving the red BD, and yet noone mentions that the SPB is NOT BLUE, but silver. And there ARE some tan-brown BD in the arena. Threepio's BD is NOT RED. The right BD and SPD colors can be seen on the box of then Arena playset.

Anyway, I will buy this to make a nicer factory diorama. But the figure? Ouch! It's very bad. And I was hoping that they would correct their previous mistake. Well, better luck next time.

But my god! That dwarf spider droid is fantastic (and kinda cute, also!) IT is number one on my list this year so far. Probably buy two of them. Thank you hasbro! Can't wait to pick it up!

I think that some people here have bought WAY too much SW stuff in the last year. (Over 200$ ? Ouch!) So they are lashing out at Hasbro to relieve their frustration for not being able to control their obsessions. If you get into this hobby with moderation, it is actually quite enjoyable. Hasbro is doing a great job now. I could live without some of the gimmicks (while other don't alter the looks of the figure at all), yet most of the figures look so nice.

The Dwarf Spider droid is not that small!

True, but as a Deluxe and alone it's bloody stupid, even the Hoth Accessory set tank droid could run over this shortstack! [/QUOTE]

That;s a ridiculous argument. This figure for 10 bucks? Hey, remember how expensive basic figures were 3-4 years ago?

So is the Nexu bad too? It's much smaller than the DSD, and comes with no accessories. And the shape is all wrong!!

This droid is not that small, and its walking action is fantastic. Which deluxe figure looks better than this? It's simply the best deluxe figure ever! It is a brand new figure, which looks JUST like the movie, has a fantastic deco, and a walking action (and missile?) Tell me, which deluxe figure looks better than this? The nexu is far from being movie accurate, Yoda is ugly, the Threepio set is nice but a bit boring and the BD is the wrong color, the geonosian warior is ugly and not movie accurate, and the speeder bike and clone trooper is a rehash and not even in the movie. Even the POTJ deluxe figures had crappy deco next to this. And don't even mention the POTF2 deluxe figures. Even the probe droid is plain ugly by today's standard.

The dwarf spider droid is just fabulous. It's the best deluxe saga figure. Wheh collectors bash an exceptionnal figure like this, maybe it's time for them to stop.

Re: What's wrong with the dwarf spider droid?

[/B][/QUOTE]
    I think that some people here have bought WAY too much SW stuff in the last year. (Over 200$ ? Ouch!) So they are lashing out at Hasbro to relieve their frustration for not being able to control their obsessions. If you get into this hobby with moderation, it is actually quite enjoyable. Hasbro is doing a great job now. I could live without some of the gimmicks (while other don't alter the looks of the figure at all), yet most of the figures look so nice. [/B][/QUOTE]

I meant 2000$!!