Well I've gotten this game and finished it in 3 days taking 10 hours of gameplay and I have a few comments:
- This game awas wayyyyyyy too short.
- The storyline was not nearly as inspired as the first (the first one had all of that wonderful Norse mythology symbolism)
- Why did they break up the bullet-time into 2 options, dodging and just straight bullet-time?
- I liked the melee combos of being able to throw grenades and molotovs while still holding your gun
- Much better graphics than the first.
Not nearly enough unscripted gameplay available.[/list]
All in all I enjoyed the game but I was left feeling like I wanted more from the story.
Games are becoming more and more cinematic these days, Max Payne especially. I enjoy having a great and compelling storyline to go with great gameplay and hope there will be better games yet to come.
Max Payne 2 is a true sequel. Same characters, lousy story.