Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hasbro, why no love for C-3PO?

Hey Hasbro, why don't you guys like C-3PO very much? Is it because Lucas prefers R2-D2 to C-3PO? You're always releasing new R2-D2's from the prequels and OT. But when will C-3PO be getting some love.

Especially to make up for the wide-legged stances from the POTF2 days. R2-D2's gotten a lot of love, and now it's time for C-3PO to get some. You guys love to do re-sculpts of popular main charecters. Why not direct some of that love, twords making a charecter like threepio, instead of Jango and Maul.

The Phantom Menace:
    C-3PO: Pod Race Flag Bearer w/ Anakin's Flag

Attack of the Clones:
    C-3PO: Protocal Droid (Re-Sculpt - Taller/Better Detailed)

A New Hope:
    C-3PO: Oil Bath (Deluxe Figure w/ Lowering Oil Bath)
    C-3PO: Death Star (Gripping Hands, Commlink)
    C-3PO: Massassi Temple (Clean and Shiny)

The Empire Strikes Back:
    C-3PO: Hoth (Snow Detail)
    C-3PO: Cloud City (Blast Apart Feature - See Aleins: Scorpion Alien)

Return of the Jedi:
    C-3PO: Jabba's Translator (Slimed w/ Pop-Out Eye)
    C-3PO: Ewok Diety (w/ Ewok Throne)

I know that the C-3PO w/ Throne is likely on it's way in the accessory sets. But included it anyway, just incase it gets the axe at the last minute. The pop-out eye feature on the Translator version, could be either interchangable heads or an actual button that pushes the eye out. It of course wouldn't be able to fall out.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Because C-3P0 is lame, and will pegwarm even worse than the others.

Not if he was done well. People still like C-3PO, and the best figure every done for him was way back in POTF2. That was the Millenium Minted Coin figure that not even everyone could get. Hell, if they can make 10 new versions of R2-D2 and those sell. They can damn well make some new C-3PO's.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I'd take the clean and shiny one..........and perhaps the ewok throne one...

I'd pass on the others though.

Just because Hasbro squanders valuable time and resources making R2 figures does not mean it's okay to dump more Threepios into the toy line.

Well, judging by how they churned out two C-3PO's for AOTC made from horible plastic and the one that came with Chewbacca was horrible plastic not chromed and the newer R2-D2's have got horrible plastic heads not chromed I would rather they didn't make any more C-3PO's if they aren't chromed. The newer plastics they use to make figures from won't take chroming it's too bendy and the chroming would flake off during play. To lower the cost of production hasbro switched to the bendier plastic. not because they coulfd get more detail in but because the plastic is cheaper. it's the same cheap plastic used by low grade toy manufacturers in the far east. the sort of plastic you see in knock off toys in markets and bargain basement stores. As long as hasbro use the bendy plastic to make figures from they can't chrome it which means that C-3PO would be made from that brass colored plastic. Just horrible looking. So no thanks.

Actually, I never like the vac metalled r2 heads. I much preffer the Holo leia matted finish, or the first AOTC release to the chromy vac metal.....

Still, it works to make a shiny threepio........

Re: Hasbro, why no love for C-3PO?

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

C-3PO: Cloud City (Blast Apart Feature - See Aleins: Scorpion Alien)
    I'd like one too!
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

I'd pretend to know what that is but not being an aliens fan and not getting half the toy lines America does over here I have no clue what you two are on about. Any chance of a better description or a pic or a link?

Kenner released a Aliens Toy line back in the early 90's. The UK should have got them also, as 3 of them were onlyavailable over there. One of the first figures was a Scorpion Alien that features a small button on the back of it that blew the arms, head and body apart. I know action features are disliked around here, but as I usually say there are already a ton of C-3PO's out there. I'm trying to locate a picture of the back of the cards.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scorpion alien.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	5011