Hybrid View

Retro Readies For Next Game (Metroid Game Spoilers)

This is gonna contain some spoilers highlighting the Metroid games, so if you haven't played all of the games and don't want them ruined, it may be best to leave.

Well, it was only a matter of time before Nintendo realized they had some money making properties out there and now is a good time to exploit them. With that being said, Retro Studios has been given the orders to create another Metroid game. I'm cool with that, seeing how much I loved all of the Metroid games. Then I thought, "Is it possible to even call this a metroid game?" I mean, after I finished Metroid Fusion, I was under the assumption that the Metroids had all gone extinct. Then I thought, well maybe the end of Metroid Prime means something since we see something that resembles Samus coming out of a pile of phazon at the end of the game.

Maybe that's what this next game would deal with, but if that is what it deals with having Samus battle it out with the phazon again, well that only makes me think of Metroid Fusion and the battle she had with the SA-X copy of her. It would seem to similar to it for it to work for me. I'm sure the people involved in this game will find a way to explain the appearance of the Metroid again, somehow. It's not that I don't want them to make this game.....it's just I feel the series is being stuffed too quickly. With that being said, I just want to challenge Retro Studios and Nintendo to prove me wrong like they've done so many times before.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

If you remember Fettfield, Metroid Fusion had that secret lab creating clone Metroids from the DNA they took from the baby Metroid. The Space Station that was orbiting SR388 was a completely different Station from the one Ridily trashed to get the baby Metroid. So I think its safe to assume that the Federation is cloning Metroids in various other secret labs as well. I doubt the X will be back since SR388 and the Station were destroyed before the Federation could get their hands on it. Another possibility is that Phazon Samus Clone from the end of Metroid Prime could be in it, as you suggested.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Yeah, but how many games do we need about a space station and metroid? This is twice now that this has happened. Maybe the next game will involve Samus destroying every one of these space stations belonging to the Federation.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I have played through both Prime and Fusion and have nothing negative to say about either of them. Since I wasn't consulted in the making of these games and they both came out great, I'll trust the folks who make 'em to make more good ones.

J