Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V (the tv show)

V (the tv show)

Last night , my wife was watching the movie V on MoviePlex(?). It was a flash back of some childhood memories. I used to think it was a fun space show, but now as I watched it I realised it was both cheesy and x-files-like dark. Maybe they "dumbed down" the Movie for the TV show. Anyway, It was rather interesting to watch early 1980's Sci-Fi. There were scenes of the various cities with a huge flying saucer hovering over them. (Like in Independence Day). the kids had Star Wars-like Action Figures, and Toys of the aliens in their red outfits.

The funniest, or worst, moment in the movie was then the aliens first landed at the air force base, there was a high school band playing (VERY BADLY) the Star Wars theme for the aliens as they arrived. I both cringed and laughed when I heard that.

Anyone else remember this show?
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

I must have been about 5 or 6 when this came out, and the only things I can remember is someone being forced to lick some officers boots. And also, weren't some of the people on that show really reptilian aliens in disguise or something?

One of my favorite tv shows. Aliens come down in the guise of peace and friendship. A news camera man, who was on the mothership, was able to sneak around and found out they weren't human at all, but lizard like aliens in disguise. They said they only wanted some water as their planet was lacking it, but it turns out they also wanted people for food. The movie was awesome and the concept was basically a Sci-Fi story about Nazis. The tv show was okay, but never lived up to the movie.
    I was hoping they would have continued it after The Final Battle in which they sent a message of into space hoping to find other aliens that would help them defeat the Visitors. I figured they would use the same old plot of having other aliens come and say they will help us, but secretly they are only helping because they too want earth for their own.
    My favorite part? Barbara the alien

That was a great show...at the time. But that's the way with most of those. Best to leave them as memories. Don't want to ruin the fond memories.

One of which was the hottie Jane Badler. The head lizard villainess. Yummie.

And check out the "electronics" on the console...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jane badler.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	5019  

The two mini-series movies (V and V: The Final Battle) are on DVD also, right now. The first one even has Audio Commentary by the Directory. I have to say that they hold up pretty well, even after so many years. The story is good enough that you can look beyond the effects of the day. Hopefully they will release the terrible TV Series as well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Cool that the aliens knew enough about Earth at the time to sport those killer 80's hairdos. Rockin'!

I was too young to see this when it first aired (or at least too young to remember seeing it, because I think it came out in '83 and that's when I was born ).
    But I did manage to see it when the Sci-Fi Channel showed the mini series, then the Final Battle and followed up with the actual series a few years back.

Man, during 8th grade, I was obcessed with it. I thought it was one of the coolest things out there (and I still do, actually) and I had even come up with ideas for a new series they could do. Maybe I'll look into that now - I mean companies are always trying to capitalize on past successes .

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

I loved the V series too. Any show that has some evil attractive women from space will captivate most any adolesent boy.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    I loved the V series too. Any show that has some evil attractive women from space will captivate most any adolesent boy.
    They don't have to be evil. Remember Erin Gray?

Name:	buckwd2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	5049  

I still love V. I've got two minis on DVD, and my mom even has all TV eps from Columbia House. I picked up the old figure on ebay a couple years ago, too.

Name:	vfig.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	5191