Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Star Wars eBooks ? ? ?

OK. . . I'm sure this is old news by now, but I will ask the questions anyway. I have been reading Star Wars books like crazy lately, especially New Jedi Order. In my attempt, I have tried to read them all in chronological order (using the timeline provided in the books.) I have gotten to the point where I need to read "Recovery", so I went to my local bookstores. . . and nothing. This made me wonder if the book had ever came out. . . low and behold it is an eBook. I have tried to download the software (Adobe), and it keeps shutting down my computer (Windows XP). It is quite aggrevating. I see that there are three titles only available on eBook, I was wondering who has read these. Hopefully you can answer some of my questions:

Is it worth the trouble to download the software?

When the eBook is purchased, can it be printed? (I don't read at my computer (not really sure who does), I usually read right before I go to bed. The site said that some publishers don't allow this, but if you can't print it, I think that is an inconvenience.)

Are these novels the same lenght as the other mass market releases, or are they more of a short story?

Thanks.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Its sort of an odd hat those E-books.

One or two were for the Adobe book set up and the other was for the microsoft reader. I think the Maul short was for microsoft...I can't remember.

They are nothing more than short ~100 page stories and I have yet to find a way to print them out. You really don't have to read them to know what's going on. They are just little side stories.

If you really need to read them, I think the paperback versions like destiny's way or some other perviously released hardbound books have one these e-book piggy backed into them in the back. I remember reading that some place...that they were going to include them in some of the paper back versions...but don't hold me to that...

Originally posted by tjovonovich
    I have yet to find a way to print them out.
    I don't have any Ebooks so I'm not familiar with how it all works, but if you're opening the files on your home computer, you might try hitting the "Print Screen" button. It essentially "copies" a bitmap of your screen which you then can open in a Paint program of some sort. Then print from there.

It's a really roundabout way of doing it, so you'd really have to want it on paper, but there you go....

been down that road...doesn't work.

PrtScn key is useless when the pages are open. I haven't tried messing around in the actual file yet, but the on screen stuff doesn't work.

No right clicking, no highlighting, no copy option...right clicking does nothing when your in the e-book.

All 3 of these ebooks come in both formats.

As for downloading the software, I had not trouble with Adobe Ebook Reader on XP Professional. I also think it is well worth it if you love reading SW.

I don't think there is any way to print them out b/c of the copywrite protection.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Originally posted by tjovonovich
    been down that road...doesn't work.

PrtScn key is useless when the pages are open. I haven't tried messing around in the actual file yet, but the on screen stuff doesn't work.

No right clicking, no highlighting, no copy option...right clicking does nothing when your in the e-book.
    Sorry 'bout that. There must be a way...there must be a way...

Yea, if they can program it...some one can crack it.

In time, we will prevail and - we will print.

Hmmm. . . thanks for all the info. I had anticipated that printing would be a challenge. DAMN COPYRIGHTS!!! I want to read them, but can't see myself sitting in front of my computer to do so. Maybe the Science Fiction Book Club will release them all in a single book like they have done previously with multiple stories. I can't see why they would only release something on eBook. The Star Wars series is a constant best seller, why not just release it in paperback, and give us all the option? This is quite troubling to me.

Okay. . . just if anyone was still interested. . .

I did a little research and found out that 2 of the 3 eBooks have been published.

Darth Maul : Sabatuer. . . is featured in the back of the Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter paperback

NJO: Recovery is featured as the prolougue in the Star by Star paperback

The third ebook, name starts with a 'Y', I'm assuming will be released in a similar format. . . possibly the Destiny's Way paperback.

I hope this helps anyone that was also looking for these titles.

Originally posted by bobafett07728

The third ebook, name starts with a 'Y', I'm assuming will be released in a similar format. . . possibly the Destiny's Way paperback.
    The secret word for the day is...Ylesia, Ylesia, Ylesia.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure some will find it handy.

Where did you dig that info up?