View Poll Results: Do you think Hasbro's Fans' Choice Figure Polls are run fairly?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I've been quite happy with them.

181 46.17%
  • No, but I still like all the choices and whoever wins doesn't matter to me.

89 22.70%
  • No, I think there is obvious cheating going on by one or more individuals.

122 31.12%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That's design art, JT. All the figures go thru the design/costing/approval stage before they can be included in the poll. They also check for things like likeness rights. It would be incredibly stupid to include charecters in the poll, that can't be made if they won. Due to cost, Lucas/LFL giving the charecter a thumbs down, or likeness rights. The Tonnika Sisters, ring any bells?

Like Tycho also said at one point, one of the Hasbro sculptors actually sculpts figures for his own collection. So the early appearance of Duros, doesn't mean he had the fix going for him. They may have done sculpts for all the charecters in the polls, who knows. Just because somthing turns up fast, doesn't automatically point to a internal fix. If so, you think they would have put the fix in for the Imperial Dignitary. The figure that all the Hasbro folks at Cel 2, said they thought would win.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 01-27-2003 at 09:32 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

"Hasbro already does that with shortpacking and smaller first runs. "

well, that's assuming a very simple cause-effect relationship. too simple. the fact is, these things are being made in such large quantities that there should never really be a scarce figure (errors/variations/special collector editions notwithstanding.) there are a lot of collectors, but not so many that buy everything that any basic figure should be something to fight over... come to think of it, no toy should be something to fight over unless you are 4 years old and haven't learned any better.

i was very happy to see that the midnight tru sale for ep.2 went a lot more smoothly than the one for ep.1 where people were mean-spirited, greedy, and grubby-handed. hopefully the hasbro polls won't inspire the same kind of tainted 'adult' behavior, and will allow us to still keep the joy of toys alive.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    If so, you think they would have put the fix in for the Imperial Dignitary. The figure that all the Hasbro folks at Cel 2, said they thought would win.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Is that the main dignitary out of the two? the one that talks to the emperor mostly? I know that there are two but there seems to be a main one.
    I wonder if we'll ever get a 2 pack?

The one that was in the poll, was the one with the rounded hat. Not the one from the vintage line that had the tall hat. In reality there are actually 5 dignitaries, but only the 2 are seen in the Emperor's Throne Room. Thankfully, because one looks like a pirate and another one looks like a Teletubbie/Nipple Head.

But yeah, I would love a 2-pack of the starring Dignitaries. Or as they were revealed to be named Sim Aloo and Janus Greejatus. Sim Aloo was the one we got in the vintage days. Janus Greetjatus was the one that was offered in Fan Choice Poll #4 and lost to Imperial SketchTrooper.

Sim Aloo: Imperial Dignitary
    Janus Greejatus: Imperial Dignitary
    All 5 of the Imperial Dignitaries

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 01-28-2003 at 09:36 PM.

ahhhhh I always assumed that because we had Sim Aloo in the vintage days, that he'd be the one in the fan poll, I can only remember him from the movie.
    To be honest, I don't ever remember seeing Janus Greejatus in the movie, man, when I get the DVD's, I shall be zooming like a space jam!
    I had that figure... but my mother vaccuumed it up , grrr to the hoover!
    Personally, I think a 2 pack would be fantastic and people would surely buy them for those Return of the Jedi Diorama's, I want a Sim Aloo figure actually, what are the odds of getting him?
    To be honest, now I'm not too surprised that Janus Greejatus lost to the sketchtrooper... now if it was Sim Aloo, I would have been truly shocked.

There is an Imperial Dignitary figure listed on retailer sheets for later this year. So I assume we are likely to get one of them. I would really prefer to see a two pack of Sim and Janus though, since they are the ones talking with the Emperor in the Throne Room. If we only get one, I assume they will make Sim Aloo, since he was a vintage figure. I could care less for the other three. Especially the pirate and Johnathan Winters/Teletubbie/Nipple Head.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I trust the Hasbro poll a helluva lot more than I do the results that came out of Governor Jeb Bush's state of Florida in the last election!

But aside from that, Hasbro still sucks for not re-doing R5-D4 or Dr. Evezan. Oh - and that whole FAO exclusive nonsense, too.

you mean for not redoing the dr evazan they already did? one figure of that lame character isn't enough? well... there's always this:
    http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps...tail/4533/7579

When does THAT come out? Your right though, even the re-make sucks. Don't they have character photos so that they can get the clothes, hair, etc. right?

I personally do not understand why they just don't make all the figures. Obviously the is a want by the fans for all of them. I understand it is a way of getting the fans involved, but why not just make them all eventually? This last poll was done fairly probably because of all the negativity surrounding the sketchtrooper. They had to make both figures. If not make all of the figures at least make the ones that have over a certain percentage.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten