Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    wow.. i thought they were all great except for the tie fighter pilot. i mean the head (helmet) is so huge..
    If you look at the reference photos for the TIE Pilot from the Visual Dictionary, then you'll see that their helmet is normally really big. I like it, it gives them a goofy cartoon character look, which is why they've always been some of my favorite Imperials.

I'll actually try to find a picture to post here, so you can see what I'm talking about.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Here you go hope this is clear. Look at the size of that melon!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tie_melon.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	28  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Of course their heads are big, it's a Stormtrooper helmet INSIDE of an X-wing pilot helmet.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm from Singapore as you can see from my profile

I can still see all 4 of the current releases in the store shelves probably due to the price tags. But we are quite lucky here that most of the time, we need not resolve to online purchasing cos people here get new things in quite quickly.

Heard the white pouldron Marmit Sandtrooper was released in Hong Kong last week? I guess we'll be seeing it soon here in Singapore and the price should be about S$165 (US$1 = S$1.8)

Cheers!!
    By the way, I saw you at 1/6 Warrior forum and I guess theres a couple of Singaporeans there

from what I understand, this is what we have to look foward to from Marmit:

Sandtrooper White Pauldron (now shipping) + Black Pauldron

Stormtrooper -w/ refitting (your guess is as good as mine)

Royal Guard

At At Driver - proto pics at Collectstarwars.com

Vader - on again/ off again - apparently it is happening!

I'd love to see:

Biker Scout
    Snowtrooper
    Imperial Gunner
    Last edited by AmanaMatt; 08-29-2001 at 12:54 AM.

Lightbulb jedi tricks is that true?

is it true that a tie fighter helmet is suppose to be big enought o fit a regular helmet inside? i just thought that they messed up or that tie fighters helmets were just big due to breathing equip etc...

Take the front (faceplate) part of a Stormtrooper helmet, put it inside of an X-wing helmet without it's visor, paint the whole thing black, and you have a TIE Pilot helmet. I'm not sure if it fits the WHOLE stormie helmet inside, but it fits a large portion of it.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

jedi tricks,

i see what u are saying but is it "desinged" this way like is that how it really is n the star wars universe? or is this a possible error?

Remember the old saying, if it shows up in the main films it's canon?

The X-Wing/TIE Pilot helmets are molded from actual Air Force helmets that have been discontinued (the "mohawk" was added to make it seem more exotic) So these helmets are no bigger than actual military flight helmets.

Art, yes this was done on purpose, Lucas was being cost-effective by reusing these 2 helmets together in the film. I actually first noticed that the TIE helmets were just stormtrooper and X-wing helmets together while watching ANH:SE at the Mann Chinese back in '97.

Barada, remember that they're RAF (Royal Air Force of the UK) helmets, so the size may be different than the common USAF helmets (which aren't that small anyway, IIRC). I mean, the one Luke wears in ANH isn't small, it's actually quite big on his melon.